+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Georges St-Pierre has choice of Anderson Silva or Johny Hendricks next

Quote Originally Posted by BlunTForcE View Post
    As a big GSP fan.. ouch.

Haha, sadly you have to go back to 08/09 for the last GSP stoppages. Sigh.
    Which would be the Dr. stoppage in the BJ Penn fight, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

2. Default

Priceless Kevo:

This is pure BS for DW to say this. As noted before GSP stated he would have trouble losing weight if he bulked up for Silva. This would be total disrespect to the MW div and Hendricks.

DW is jealous of Vince [WWE] as he'd love to be able to write a script for what he wants.

Kevo the BJ fight was conner stopage correct?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Priceless Kevo:

This is pure BS for DW to say this. As noted before GSP stated he would have trouble losing weight if he bulked up for Silva. This would be total disrespect to the MW div and Hendricks.

DW is jealous of Vince [WWE] as he'd love to be able to write a script for what he wants.

Kevo the BJ fight was conner stopage correct?
    Aw yes you are correct, his corner called a stop to the fight between rounds 4 and 5; it was not a dr stoppage.

St. Pierre needs to fight at WW otherwise leave the belt and go get destroyed by Silva. To me there is no choice, if he is going to continue fighting he needs to defend WW title. I don't like what Dana has done here by saying this even if it is solely meant to keep people talking about Georges.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

I think GSP has two fights left.

Logistically, I think he takes Hendricks first, defends his WW title for the last time. Then vacates the title and moves up to 185, where he'll have to add size(thus making it alot more difficult to cut back down again) and then have his final fight against Anderson.

I don't see GSP doing many more fights, the knee injury took alot out of him and I don't see him being interested in any more WW fights beyond Hendricks.

Win or lose in the Silva fight, I think he hangs them up, even if it's for only a few years. Then he can come back down the line as an utter legend for one massive comeback fight against the incumbent WW champion of that time, for one big time, massive PPV payday and then he can see where to go from there.

If he chooses Silva, he should relinquish the title to chase vanity fights.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Wow no matter who he picks will cause issues with fans.

If he picks Silva, he is tarnishing the belt by writing off a top contender for a super fight and putting the rightful number 1 contender on hold.

If he picks Hendricks, all Silva lovers will run around screaming how is "scared" of Silva.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I really dont think that GSP would get any criticism for "ducking" Silva if he chose to fight Hendricks..or shouldn't get any imo.

Hendricks. The champ needs to be fighting the number one contender.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Wow no matter who he picks will cause issues with fans.

If he picks Silva, he is tarnishing the belt by writing off a top contender again for a super fight and putting the rightful number 1 contender on hold.

If he picks Hendricks, all Silva lovers will run around screaming how is "scared" of Silva.
    Fixed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information