Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nate Diaz likely to change weight classes after UFC on FOX 7

I think history has shown that Nate is far more successful at LW and with his current style, he just loses the same way he did before up at WW.

That said, Nate's cuts down to LW are extremely draining to him and he has a helluva time and you could see how sunken he looked this past weekend. I can see why he'd maybe want to go back up to WW, even if it was a comment initially to support Gil's title shot. I think alot can also be said for his stagnated gameplan.

Nate did not look good last night. How do you go from dominating Cerrone and Miller to getting tko'd by Thompson...I realize he has good movement and is well rounded but still it seems like Diaz used to have more pop on his straight punches whereas he just tries to clinch people or land those slappy lead hooks more his last 2 fights...do some fucking push ups and get some damn pop on those shots Nate...and jump some damn rope so you don't have the footwork and speed of a zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Nate did not look good last night. How do you go from dominating Cerrone and Miller to getting tko'd by Thompson...I realize he has good movement and is well rounded but still it seems like Diaz used to have more pop on his straight punches whereas he just tries to clinch people or land those slappy lead hooks more his last 2 fights...do some fucking push ups and get some damn pop on those shots Nate...and jump some damn rope so you don't have the footwork and speed of a zombie.
    The hungrier fighter won.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I think you maybe are underestimating Thompson a bit he's a better fighter then he gets credit for. Injuries and fighting in a somewhat stagnant talent pool that Strikeforce hasn't helped his reputation.

Both Nate and Nick need to make big adjustments to what they already have it's no big secret how to nullify what they do best now and it will only work against fighters that try and brawl with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I think you maybe are underestimating Thompson a bit he's a better fighter then he gets credit for. Injuries and fighting in a somewhat stagnant talent pool that Strikeforce hasn't helped his reputation.

Both Nate and Nick need to make big adjustments to what they already have it's no big secret how to nullify what they do best now and it will only work against fighters that try and brawl with them.

Looks like they need to do more training with Gilbert. Man he has some nasty TDD
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information