Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: “If (Nick Diaz) Wants to Fight, We’ll Get Him a Fight”

Default Dana White: “If (Nick Diaz) Wants to Fight, We’ll Get Him a Fight”

Dana White: "If (Nick Diaz) Wants to Fight, We'll Get Him a Fight" | MMAWeekly.com
    Diaz’s legal representation, Jonathan Tweedale, stated earlier this month that if Diaz doesn’t get a rematch with St-Pierre or a fight against Silva, he will likely remain retired.

But if Diaz decides that he does want to continue his fighting career, he still has a place in the UFC.

“If he wants to fight, we’ll get him a fight,” said UFC president Dana White on Thursday.

Diaz attended The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale on April 13, but he and White didn’t talk.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

At the end of the St. Pierre/Diaz press conference. Diaz made it sound like he wasn't gonna retire... but might only want GSP.. which he won't get. He'll need to fight to get back into title contention again, which i'm not sure we'll want to do or not.
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I can't think of a fight that warrants less of a rematch than a GSP/Diaz II.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I can't think of a fight that warrants less of a rematch than a GSP/Diaz II.
    I can think of several...for instance-any fight that had a decisive finish.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    I can think of several...for instance-any fight that had a decisive finish.
    Wait, did Diaz somehow show anything in the GSP fight to make it INdecisive? He has no hope in a rematch with GSP and was completely nullified. He didn't get finished, but he didn't make a case to get an immediate rematch, one down the line doesn't even feel competitive at this point even if Nick works his way back up.

All Diaz will do is complain that he wasn't finished and turtle while rolling for kneebars that aren't there, just giving his back up. Pass. He's an entitled and deluded child with a severe persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Wait, did Diaz somehow show anything in the GSP fight to make it INdecisive? He has no hope in a rematch with GSP and was completely nullified. He didn't get finished, but he didn't make a case to get an immediate rematch, one down the line doesn't even feel competitive at this point even if Nick works his way back up.

All Diaz will do is complain that he wasn't finished and turtle while rolling for kneebars that aren't there, just giving his back up. Pass. He's an entitled and deluded child with a severe persecution complex.
    GSP was tired and checking the clock at the end, and did very little damage. GSP couldn't take his back, couldn't pass guard. GSP was on top though so he obviously coasted in the scoring criteria department but as far as damage it wasn't decisive.

So there is a very large amount of fights that I would pass on a rematch on before Diaz-GSP. I would kind of rather see Diaz fight someone who isn't going to ride the points sysem, though, and see him fight somebody who is actually going to come to try and to damage and finish a fight.
    Last edited by dbader08; 04-19-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Damn, dbader08 riding on that Diaz jock strap.
    Nick has no reason to get a rematch.
    Yeah GSP coasted to win on points(but look at pretty much all his fights), but he beat Diaz everywhere that fight went.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    GSP was tired and checking the clock at the end, and did very little damage. GSP couldn't take his back, couldn't pass guard. GSP was on top though so he obviously coasted in the scoring criteria department but as far as damage it wasn't decisive.

So there is a very large amount of fights that I would pass on a rematch on before Diaz-GSP. I would kind of rather see Diaz fight someone who isn't going to ride the points sysem, though, and see him fight somebody who is actually going to come to try and to damage and finish a fight.
    Agreed but point fighting is how GSP roles these days. I can't recall the last time he has even finished an opponent.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I've never seen a tougher guy be such a pussy.

Nick Diaz is a hell of a fighter but knows fucking zero about being a man.

Thread Information