Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: “If (Nick Diaz) Wants to Fight, We’ll Get Him a Fight”

Easy there Crisco...that just means you don't know him very well and frankly, few do because he hates the attention. He altruistically helps out a lot of inner city kids in Lodi/Stockton area without any media every reporting on it (as far as I know) him and Nate take care of their mom, uncle and grandparents and they give back a lot to the Ironman and Xterra triathlon events by doing public appearances, charity work, etc...He's just an emotional guy and I know what that's like. I've never competed at his level obviously but I cried when i lost my first jiu jitsu match and was very mad on the ride home telling my dad I never wanna compete again...I did the same in HS wrestling, Judo and even tennis lol

Anyhow, a rematch would sell but I would only hope Diaz gets his beauty rest and times it right because those excuses, while plausible, sounded dumb...

Or, tell him Maia asked to fight him in Brasil!

2. Default

Agree GSP didn't finish him but it was one sided as Nick never had it were he was in control. When your in 1st place you don't need to go faster/harder if 2nd place isn't challenging, and Nick wasn't challenging. Maybe if Nick would adapt to the times he could, but needs to show that against someone other than GSP first.

Diaz/Condit II needs to happen soon IMO. Both coming off losses and the first was very close.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Easy there Crisco...that just means you don't know him very well and frankly, few do because he hates the attention. He altruistically helps out a lot of inner city kids in Lodi/Stockton area without any media every reporting on it (as far as I know) him and Nate take care of their mom, uncle and grandparents and they give back a lot to the Ironman and Xterra triathlon events by doing public appearances, charity work, etc...He's just an emotional guy and I know what that's like. I've never competed at his level obviously but I cried when i lost my first jiu jitsu match and was very mad on the ride home telling my dad I never wanna compete again...I did the same in HS wrestling, Judo and even tennis lol

Anyhow, a rematch would sell but I would only hope Diaz gets his beauty rest and times it right because those excuses, while plausible, sounded dumb...

wow, I actually agree with you on something. Im gonna go lie down now.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

I commend him for his charity work I really do. I have the utmost respect to those that do things to help the less fortunate.

Unfortunately, None of that has anything to do with acting like a man it may make him a better person though.

He's a sore loser, an excuse maker and a shit talker. He failed to back up his shit talk and instead of being a man and getting up off the ground and doing it again he is walking around stomping his feet taking his toys and going home unless he gets to be the leader.

and I mean no disrespect really I don't but being upset at losing and crying over your failed effort is one thing... Throwing on I never want to do it again at the end is not manly behavior. It was your first rodeo so I would hope you've grown out of that behavior.

Nick is a veteran and knows the game. He has no excuse for acting that way other then he lacks the characteristics of a real man.

I'll go a step further and say if he wanted to cry like a bitch he should do it in his own house with his own friends don't do interviews putting your bitch shit on display.

Disclaimer Nick Diaz would kick my ass in a fight all day but that's not what the discussion is about. We're talking about his ability to be noble in victory and defeat which he lacks thus making him a bitch in my eyes.

The second part is you simply not understanding his POV/mindset/framework, dude. And you know what's funny, when Nick is private he's some "awkward idiot" when he's talking too much he's a "moron". Think you can see how he has that whole defensive status on at all times.

Just a reminder on GSP: He has 150 consecutive minutes without a finish in the Octogon. No one without some homo-erotic fantasies wants to see him get all sweated up and lay n pray on anyone else.

I hope he fights Anderson soon.

The second part is you simply not understanding his POV/mindset/framework, dude. And you know what's funny, when Nick is private he's some "awkward idiot" when he's talking too much he's a "moron". Think you can see how he has that whole defensive status on at all times.
    I could see that sure but you can't blame the public perception. I would say he generally earns all the criticism he receives. Because when he is talking his says moronic shit and when he's not talking he tries too aggressively to appear not to care.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    GSP was tired and checking the clock at the end, and did very little damage. GSP couldn't take his back, couldn't pass guard. GSP was on top though so he obviously coasted in the scoring criteria department but as far as damage it wasn't decisive.

So there is a very large amount of fights that I would pass on a rematch on before Diaz-GSP. I would kind of rather see Diaz fight someone who isn't going to ride the points sysem, though, and see him fight somebody who is actually going to come to try and to damage and finish a fight.
    I mostly disagree..

You sound similar to Diaz the way you use the rules, point system and "what the other guy only did" to discredit his win.

You talk about what Gsp "couldn't do". you talk about the rules and points system.

let's talk about what Diaz couldn't do. He couldn't beat Gsp in striking or on the ground. It's that simple. Diaz had NOTHING on Gsp.

Now in DIaz fashion you mention rules. let's talk about rules. If There wwre no elbows so diaz could have his separation to attempt subs so be it. let's throw in knees to head of a downed opponent...Gsp have planted them almost at will to Diazs skull. would Diaz have subbed Gsp....I'm not so sure.

That being said..The rules Favour Gsp the way it is. But if you want to change these rules and points to make it an actual street fight in a back alley...we can go back to fish hooks, eye gouging and groin shots. You talk about damage...the fight can't truly on be measured in damage alone. If that's the case...back to the old rules.

Now as for his legal representaion saying it's Silva, Gsp or he'll retire..... Diaz....say hello to Freedom 209. This guy Is going to go through his ENTIRE CAREER without beating a wrestler and he is making demands? This can carry on to His brothers mentality as well. Have either of the Diaz brothers ever beaten a wrestler? EVER? i'll do some research....I bet the number is ZERO!

He wants the 185 kingpin....give him Chael at 185.
    Last edited by FFFRpickup; 04-19-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information