Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chael Sonnen: “I Think Jon Jones is Considerably Better Than Anderson Silva”

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    He is selling the fight as well as himself and his opponent. Come on guys! Do you really think he actually means any of this? For realzies?
    No I don't' think he means anything he says.

That's why he's going to make a great political leader one day.
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

itd be nice to see people post something new in a chael thread...like how he was an awesome coach on tuf, he really seemed into his athletes, and actually came off as a decent guy. But the most important thing, is how he made a mistake with his fraud charge. And in his opinion Jones is better then silva...I hope chael fucking smashes jonees

Greatest TUF coach ever. His book is excellent.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

This is like Rashad saying he beat Machida smh.

He is selling the fight as well as himself and his opponent. Come on guys! Do you really think he actually means any of this? For realzies?
    Some people aren't that smrt.

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    itd be nice to see people post something new in a chael thread...like how he was an awesome coach on tuf, he really seemed into his athletes, and actually came off as a decent guy. But the most important thing, is how he made a mistake with his fraud charge. And in his opinion Jones is better then silva...I hope chael fucking smashes jonees
    I thought that Chael did an exceptional job during TUF. He sounds like he cares about the development of his fighters rather than "Win, Win, Win" like Jones was preaching to his team. It may just be Bones' youth showing, but he came off as a poor sport in many of the episodes.

I would love to see Chael give Bones the Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia treatment, but I don't see Chael winning this one... not even close. Chael gets sub'd in rd. 2 and then is gracious in defeat.

I love the trash talking though... he reminds me of one of my Uncles (who drank a lot) growing up. We'd be sitting around the TV watching WWF and he'd come in all yelling "Oh Macho Man Savage, I whipped his ass once. Back in 85, him and a buddy picked a fight with me and I whipped both of their asses." and just complete nonsense. You knew it was total bullshit, but it was still great to listen to. Some people just take things way too seriously.

Vrrooom! Vrroooom!

I'm really rooting for Chael because he's been a solid competitor for a long time, seems like a great coach, but hasn't ever gotten the title. I always feel bad when he talks about promising his Dad that he'd win one.

That said, I just don't see it happening at 205. So what happens to him if he loses in the 1st or 2nd decisively on Saturday? Vanity fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm really rooting for Chael because he's been a solid competitor for a long time, seems like a great coach, but hasn't ever gotten the title. I always feel bad when he talks about promising his Dad that he'd win one.

That said, I just don't see it happening at 205. So what happens to him if he loses in the 1st or 2nd decisively on Saturday? Vanity fights?
    He will be wrestling The Undertaker.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information