Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nate Diaz calls for more weight classes 'ASAP'

Maybe if he put down the pipe he wouldn't get the munchies so much then he'd have an easier time making weight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Maybe if he put down the pipe he wouldn't get the munchies so much then he'd have an easier time making weight.
    I dont get hungry when im high, just thirsty
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

When people are anylyzing quotes. They are too quick to look at who's saying and it and the timing of it and pass it off as sour grapes. Nate Diaz has a legitimate point regardless of the current circumstance of his career. There should be more weight classes. They a lot many fighters that have all the talent and work ethic to become great fighters but face a big disadvantage because of their natural size. They either have to choose between having a big size disadvantage or having too cut too much weight (the gap between 185 and 205 is awful for this). Both those options can lead to a much shorter and much less successful career. I definitely think there should be more weight classes. The more fighters that can fight at an ideal weight the higher better the quality of product in to the cage will be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I personally think the weight classes should be 140, 150, 160, 175, 190, 230, & . It's too bad we don't all get what we want.
    This looks good for the most part. There should be a 130. It should go 205, 220, SHW at the end. 230 is too big. It would deplete the 230+ division too much. There are LW that cut 20 pounds to get to 155. Someone at at 255 could easily could to 230.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Lol I never thought I'd see the day where a Diaz showed such desperation...even if it meant being a paper champion.

I'm all for it in time, I just don't know if the talent is there yet or if the UFC is financially apt enough to accommodate enough fighters.

15 pounds to 20 pounds per weightclass jump isn't exactly slight. 7 or 8 pounds can make a MASSIVE difference in a weight cut.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    When people are anylyzing quotes. They are too quick to look at who's saying and it and the timing of it and pass it off as sour grapes. Nate Diaz has a legitimate point regardless of the current circumstance of his career. There should be more weight classes. They a lot many fighters that have all the talent and work ethic to become great fighters but face a big disadvantage because of their natural size. They either have to choose between having a big size disadvantage or having too cut too much weight (the gap between 185 and 205 is awful for this). Both those options can lead to a much shorter and much less successful career. I definitely think there should be more weight classes. The more fighters that can fight at an ideal weight the higher better the quality of product in to the cage will be.
    That's MMA fans for you. They get off on hating fighters, you see alot more critiquing than you do praise. I find it pretty sad/funny.
    Last edited by dbader08; 04-24-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Diaz is just a big cry baby and sore loser.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Thread Information