Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rousey opens as more than 7 to 1 favorite over Zingano

Default Rousey opens as more than 7 to 1 favorite over Zingano

Rousey opens as more than 7 to 1 favorite over Zingano - Mixed Martial Arts News

Although their bout is more than six months away, odds makers have already placed Ronda Rousey as a close to seven to one favorite over challenger Cat Zingano. Zingano won the opportunity to coach against Rousey on TUF 18 and fight her for the women's bantamweight championship when she defeated Miesha Tate at TUF 17 Finale.

Rousey is undefeated in her MMA career and has finished every opponent by arm bar in the first round, so it is no surprise she's the favorite. Today bestfightodds.com listed Rousey as a -765, meaning one would have to bet $765.00 to win $100.00. On the other hand with Zingano at +455, a $100.00 bet would win $455.00 should she be able to do what no else has and beat Rousey.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The thing is Cat Zingano's specialty is her BJJ, albeit being a purple belt. She is married to a black belt, Mauricio Zingano. She better work on that ground game of her's A LOT, to avoid Ronda's armbar. The longer she can keep the fight standing, the better her chances.

I legit think she has a chance. Since when does being 7-0 with one UFC win make you unstoppable?? Ronda is amazing and the best female fighter in the world but damn 7-1? Zigano is undefeated too, and none the less an incredible female fighter..Why would anyone say she literally had no chance, when, in fact she really does and any smart MMA fan wouldn't say those are fair odds when Ronda has one title defence and no stand up game.

I think Ronda will win don't get me wrong but Zigano has a decent shot of winning this. I know i'll get some hate for this but it's not my intention to bash anyone or be rude.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I'd take 7-1 odds on just about any title fight ever.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    I legit think she has a chance. Since when does being 7-0 with one UFC win make you unstoppable?? Ronda is amazing and the best female fighter in the world but damn 7-1? Zigano is undefeated too, and none the less an incredible female fighter..Why would anyone say she literally had no chance, when, in fact she really does and any smart MMA fan wouldn't say those are fair odds when Ronda has one title defence and no stand up game.

I think Ronda will win don't get me wrong but Zigano has a decent shot of winning this. I know i'll get some hate for this but it's not my intention to bash anyone or be rude,
    Part Orange; 7-0 with all fights ending in the first round and 5 of those7 coming in the first minute. Not to mention she has an olympic medal to go along with it. Thats why shes unstoppable, its not just the one title defense its everything put together that makes her unstoppable.

Part Red; Sure Zigano is undefeated but by no means is she destroying fighters like Rousey. She may be a good mma fighter but Rousey is on a different planet then her thus making it virtually impossible for her to get a win against rousey. And for the record, when you can just judo throw someone on their head and then tap them out you dont need great standup. She literally can focus all of her training time on getting better at boxing unlike the girls who fight rousey who need to train everything.

lastly, Zigano doesnt make it out of the first round with rousey - just like everyone else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Part Orange; 7-0 with all fights ending in the first round and 5 of those7 coming in the first minute. Not to mention she has an olympic medal to go along with it. Thats why shes unstoppable, its not just the one title defense its everything put together that makes her unstoppable.

Part Red; Sure Zigano is undefeated but by no means is she destroying fighters like Rousey. She may be a good mma fighter but Rousey is on a different planet then her thus making it virtually impossible for her to get a win against rousey. And for the record, when you can just judo throw someone on their head and then tap them out you dont need great standup. She literally can focus all of her training time on getting better at boxing unlike the girls who fight rousey who need to train everything.

lastly, Zigano doesnt make it out of the first round with rousey - just like everyone else so far.

She doesn't need great standup until somebody stops those throws...
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

I respect your opinion, but disagree. Judo at the olympics and MMA are very different things.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

ill be putting a bit on cat. 7-1 is just too good of odds. id put money on jacob volkman over cain at those odds....well maybe not butya know what i mean

10. Default

I got cat
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information