Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun Rua cuts ties with Andre Dida,

Default Shogun Rua cuts ties with Andre Dida,

I wonder where he's going to train now..

Mauricio Rua cuts ties with André Dida, Cezer Ferreira joins Blackzilians - Bloody Elbow

Longtime Chute Boxe trainer to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, André "Dida" Amando, has revealed to Tatame that he and the fighter have cut ties prior to his upcoming bout with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Dida is a well known Muay Thai fighter, who has been working with the younger Rua since the brothers famously split camps back in 2009. The move was somewhat criticized at the time, as it came with a noticeable drop in Mauricio's performances.
    Shogun has since been incredibly uneven, flitting between well manicured technique and open brawling, with constant cardio problems interspersed. This isn't the first camp change for Mauricio since the split either, he's had an off again on again relationship with Rafael Cordeiro and the Chute Boxe gym, often leaving to train for fights in his own facilities. This may signal a move for the better, as he was notably unimpressive in his fight against Alexander Gustafsson. More likely, however, this is another poorly planned camp upheaval in the hopes of gaining skills that injury and age have diminished.
    Gracie Barra Alaska, holla

I just watched Dida's fight against Buakaw and I have never seen Buakaw being owned like that in the first round.
    He is a very skilled fighter despite that his record is a piece of shit.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Dida was the man who helped Shogun solve the Machida puzzle at a time when everyone else could not. I don't think Shogun needs to rid of a coach, but rather bring in strength and conditioning coaches to help him with his cardio. He can def look to trim some of that fat that he has been carrying while also add some lean muscle to his physique. It may help with his speed and footwork.

4. 04-23-2013, 10:27 PM

I read that quick and thought it said Shogun was joining the Blackzilians. I was worried for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I just watched Dida's fight against Buakaw and I have never seen Buakaw being owned like that in the first round.
    You're right, he caught him with that left and stunned him. Buakaw was like a zombie for the rest of the round.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I read that quick and thought it said Shogun was joining the Blackzilians. I was worried for a moment.
    Lol that's what I thought too, I thought it would be weird if he joined Blackzilians.
    Gracie Barra Alaska, holla

Shogun vs Mousasi!

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Dida was the man who helped Shogun solve the Machida puzzle at a time when everyone else could not. I don't think Shogun needs to rid of a coach, but rather bring in strength and conditioning coaches to help him with his cardio. He can def look to trim some of that fat that he has been carrying while also add some lean muscle to his physique. It may help with his speed and footwork.
    Actually for Shogun's first fight with Machida, he was mostly in Toronto, and a lot of his time was spent with Mauricio Veio (Dida's brother).

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    The next two rounds were really incredible, Buakaw completely outclassed him. Dida vs kikuno is really entertaining, Kikuno stood still making a weird face, but blasted Dida every time he threw a punch lol.

Thread Information