Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Mitrione No Longer Suspended, Meets Brendan Schaub at UFC on FOX 8

Default Matt Mitrione No Longer Suspended, Meets Brendan Schaub at UFC on FOX 8

Matt Mitrione no longer suspended, meets Brendan Schaub at UFC on FOX 8 | News

Sixteen days after he was suspended by the UFC for transphobic comments directed toward transgender fighter Fallon Fox, Matt Mitrione (6-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) has been booked for his next fight.

UFC officials announced Wednesday night that Mitrione will meet fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast member Brendan Schaub (9-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) at UFC on FOX 8.

Featuring a flyweight title fight between current champ Demetrious Johnson and challenger John Moraga, UFC on FOX 8 takes place July 27 at Seattle's KeyArena. The evening's main card airs on FOX.

Mitrione fought earlier this month at UFC on FUEL TV 9, where he earned a 19-second win over Philip De Fries. Two days later, in an appearance on "The MMA Hour," Mitrione called Fox a "lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak."

In response, the UFC issued a statement saying the "TUF 10" veteran's contract has been suspended and he will be investigated.

"The UFC was appalled by the transphobic comments made by heavyweight Matt Mitrione today in an interview on 'The MMA Hour,'" the statement read. "The organization finds Mr. Mitrione’s comments offensive and wholly unacceptable and – as a direct result of this significant breach of the UFC’s code of conduct – Mr. Mitrione's UFC contract has been suspended and the incident is being investigated. The UFC is a friend and ally of the (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community, and expects and requires all 450 of its athletes to treat others with dignity and respect."

At this past weekend's UFC on FOX 7 event, UFC President Dana White said he has since spoken with Mitrione who apologized for his remarks. White said the promotion fined Mitrione but expected him to be released from suspension would soon be lifted.

"I'm not mad at Mitrione," White said this past weekend. "He did something stupid. He knows he did something stupid. He knows the way he said it, he didn't handle it the right way. He knows he did, so I can respect that."

In a stat sure to draw some ire, Mitrione is now scheduled to fight 112 days after his most recent appearance, which represents the shortest span between official fights in his professional career.

Meanwhile, Schaub looks to build on the strength of a UFC 157 win over Lavar Johnson. The decision result was a much-needed win for Schaub, who has previously dropped back-to-back fights.
    Having a hard time remembering if Mitrione has ever fought off of his back. Don't see Schaub winning if the fight stays standing.

2. Default

Nice fight. I think meathead KOs him after a round of rock'em sock'em robots
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

What a joke of a suspension. Considering how often fighters fight he didn't miss any time or any paychecks. At the very least I hope he was forced to take some sensitivity training and work with an LGBT charity/awareness group.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Lol suspension? This is the quickest back to back fights Matt has had in the UFC so I bet he's jumping up and down with the money he'll get. You gotta know uncle Dana was in the back," you know by the conduct rules you messed up man, but off the record I totally fucking agree with you."
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

i totally expected this.. the ufc just needs to put on a good face for the public but they think the same thing .. they will never allow Fallon fox to fight in the ufc.. if he called a guy who beat up a girl a disgusting freak there would be no problem..

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    What a joke of a suspension. Considering how often fighters fight he didn't miss any time or any paychecks. At the very least I hope he was forced to take some sensitivity training and work with an LGBT charity/awareness group.
    You are right, it was a joke of a suspension. A joke as in, he should have never been suspended at all. A man who wants to beat up women in the cage IS a sick freak. Meathead should have gotten a bonus for saying so. If the UFC disagrees, why haven't they signed this freak show up yet to fight in their women's divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    You are right, it was a joke of a suspension. A joke as in, he should have never been suspended at all. A man who wants to beat up women in the cage IS a sick freak. Meathead should have gotten a bonus for saying so. If the UFC disagrees, why haven't they signed this freak show up yet to fight in their women's divisions?
    Because they don't have a 145 lb women's division
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Because they don't have a 145 lb women's division
    But they do have 145 men's division, that's where HE belongs
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

9. Default

If you want to rip on the man at least read the complete artical.
    Code:
    At this past weekend's UFC on FOX 7 event, UFC President Dana White said he has since spoken with Mitrione who apologized for his remarks. White said the promotion fined Mitrione but expected him to be released from suspension would soon be lifted.
    Meathead lost money over this.

Yes he poorly choose his words, but a former man that wants to fight women I can not find any good words to say about it.

Tbomb & Kevo good ones

Thread Information