Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shayna Baszler, Tara LaRosa, and Kim Couture Spotted at TUF 18 Tryouts

Default Shayna Baszler, Tara LaRosa, and Kim Couture Spotted at TUF 18 Tryouts

Shayna Bazler, Tara Larosa, and (For Some Reason) Kim Couture Among Potential TUF 18 Participants - Cagepotato

With only twelve female fighters currently listed in the UFC’s female bantamweight division, yesterday’s tryouts not only featured the usual influx of eager amateurs, but the likes of…

Shayna “The Queen of Spades” Baszler: Competing professionally since 2003, you’d be hard pressed to find a WMMA fan who hasn’t heard of Baszler. The Strikeforce, EliteXC, and InvictaFC veteran is currently 15-8 and 3-2 in her last 5 and holds notable victories over Sarah D’Alelio, Alexis Davis, and Julie Kedzie. Baszler most recently suffered a third round submission loss in her rematch with Davis at Invicta FC 4.

Tara Larosa: 21-3, with notable victories over Baszler, Kedzie, Davis, and Carina Damm. A two-time ADCC silver medalist (2005, 2007), Larosa is on the heels of a unanimous decision loss to Vanessa Porto at Invicta 3 — just her second in her past twenty contests.

Kim Couture: Ugh…where shall we begin? 3-6 in professional competition, with notable victories over her personal assistant and husband, Randy Couture, in their divorce settlement. Couture has not fought since dropping a unanimous decision to Suzie Montero in October of 2011 (here third in as many contests) and is perhaps best known for nearly getting choked to death by Sheila Bird the previous July. But my God can she rock a two-piece.

Also on the list of potential housemates were Invicta FC standouts Sarah Moras, Jessamyn Duke, Raquel Pennington and Jocelyn Lybarger.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Modafferi and LaRosa had a really good fight a couple of years ago, probably one of my fave WMMA fights. Actually, I think Modafferi attended the tryouts too, but she's dropped a bunch lately.

I like LaRosa alot, but as with Baszier, they should probably get signed right into the UFC, rather than have to go through the house. They're UFC ready now for that division, although I assume they might want to have them in the house to give them namebrand recognition, but I can't see them really needing coaches at this level in their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Baszler/LaRosa was the first WMMA fight I had ever seen.

LaRosa will be a heavy favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

LaRosa will be a heavy favorite.
    agreed, tho she did look awful in her last fight against porto

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I like LaRosa alot, but as with Baszier, they should probably get signed right into the UFC, rather than have to go through the house. They're UFC ready now for that division, although I assume they might want to have them in the house to give them namebrand recognition, but I can't see them really needing coaches at this level in their games.
    I definitely agree with that.

I don't know why kim keeps fighting i'd quit after the had to Revive ass back to life

Damn, Roxy is 0-5?!!!!!!! Seems like yesterday she was a top prospect! Poor girl hasn't won since 2010.

Thread Information