Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White issues challenge to boxer Fury

Default White issues challenge to boxer Fury

White issues challenge to boxer Fury - Mixed Martial Arts News

Undefeated heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has had a lot to say about MMA and it's fighters, and it hasn't been cordial. Fury has challenged UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez to a fight and call the sport of MMA rubbish. Today UFC President Dana White responded:

"Come on over," UFC President Dana White said today. "We'll make a deal."

Prior to his 21st pro win this past Saturday, the undefeated boxer called MMA "rubbish" and told ESPN he had called out UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez three times to no avail.

White is willing to accept the challenge on his fighter's behalf.

"You want to fight Cain? Come on over here," White said today during a fan Q&A. "You will get smashed."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dana acts like a fucking child. Why does he even entertain/respond to every single idiot boxer that calls someone out?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Boxers are so threatened by MMA. It's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    Dana acts like a fucking child. Why does he even entertain/respond to every single idiot boxer that calls someone out?
    Personally, I would too. I mean, the boxers are saying all of this crap trying to downplay MMA. I'm sure the boxing fans may even see it that way too. So instead of either allowing them to talk or getting into a pissing contest with the boxers, Dana basically just says put up or shut up. Maybe it would be best if he didn't respond period, but to a lot of people, that would look like he was ducking the guys. That's just my opinion
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I understand this doesnt really need to be said, but Jesus, Cain is NOT the motherfucker to be calling out if you're a boxer.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Boxers are so threatened by MMA. It's hilarious.
    I don't know why they should be. I mean whats the most anyone in MMA has made for a fight? $400,000? Add in bonuses, sponsorship money, etc., and it still does not hold a candle to what top tier or even middle tier boxers make. Boxers shouldn't feel threatend at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878 View Post
    I don't know why they should be. I mean whats the most anyone in MMA has made for a fight? $400,000? Add in bonuses, sponsorship money, etc., and it still does not hold a candle to what top tier or even middle tier boxers make. Boxers shouldn't feel threatend at all.
    theres only like 6 guys in boxing that make crazy money. we should check to see what Fury makes per fight. bet its not very much at all.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    theres only like 6 guys in boxing that make crazy money. we should check to see what Fury makes per fight. bet its not very much at all.
    You're right but you don't have to be one of those 6 to make more that the TOP MMA guys. Jon Jones made like $900,000 last year not including bonus and side money. Thats one fight for the mid tier guys in boxing.

UFC fighters disclosed pay has nothing to do with what UFC actually pays them.. thats not even counting PPV revenue, sponsors, bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    UFC fighters disclosed pay has nothing to do with what UFC actually pays them.. thats not even counting PPV revenue, sponsors, bonuses
    Thats what I said lol

Thread Information