Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What happens to MMA if Sonnen pulls off the upset?

If Sonnen somehow wins, I say he fights Machida next, if he wins..Jones/Goose winner, then Mousasi/Davis winner or something like that..?

Haha won't happen but would shake things up very dramatically.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chael wins. Jones has the same amount of interest in this fight as I do for watching a sex tape involving Cris Cyborg.

If Sonnen were to win... ah man that could open up an incredible opportunity (from a PPV-selling perspective). The UFC would have a couple of options that spring to mind; 1. Sell an immediate rematch, itself a huge draw. 2. Set up some kind of champ vs. champ Sonnen/Silva 3. To the hardcore fan it wouldn't make much sense given the circumstances in which Sonnen was finished in the last fight, but with the history these two have I don't think anyone would skip a third fight between the two, especially if the fight were billed as champ vs. champ.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

He'll freezes over. I probably stop watching UFC events all together.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    MMA would be headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament, real wrath of God shit. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Nope.. Chael Sonnen would just be champion long enough to get beat by Machida. Meanwhile Anderson Silva would be officialy declared the GOAT with no rival much like Mayweather when Pacman got KTFO.

Also if Jones did lose it would further validate what I said before, "Jones his great but he still has a long ways to go."
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information