Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81

Thread: Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,730

    Default Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

    Jon Jones: 'People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags' - Bloody Elbow



    Jon Jones spoke to the media earlier today ahead of Saturday night's UFC light heavyweight title defense against Chael Sonnen. While Jones spoke plenty about Sonnen -- including once again saying that Chael is not making $10,000,000 for the fight -- his most interesting comments may have been about Matt Mitrione.

    Mitrione was given a token "suspension" by the UFC after calling transgender fighter Fallon Fox "sick" and a "disgusting freak" in a recent tirade on The MMA Hour. That suspension appears to have already been lifted as Mitrione has been booked for the UFC's next show on Fox.

    Jones had the following to say about Mitrione (via MMA Junkie):

    "I think he's terrible for that," Jones said. "It's ridiculous. I think Fallon Fox, that's a strong person. Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person. I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through.

    "People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags. He's a scumbag. I don't care if he's off suspension or doesn't fight again. He's a ridiculous person."

    ...

    "He needs to shut his mouth," Jones said. "That's how I feel about that kid. He's scum."
    Not a lot of need to expound on his thoughts.

    With Jones discussing possibly moving up to heavyweight in two fights, this could be a soundbite the UFC wants to keep in their back pocket as Mitrione would seem to be a pretty nice "warm up" opponent for Jones in a move to heavyweight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Sooooooo much rage. Enough rage that if I said how I felt about Fox/Bones I would get banned.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

  3. Default

    I can see this leading into a HW tune-up fight for Jones. Jones is hopeing people forgot him saying how they should act as he was a good example and crashes his car with someone other than his wife. Not smart to throw stones in a glass house

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I can see this leading into a HW tune-up fight for Jones. Jones is hopeing people forgot him saying how they should act as he was a good example and crashes his car with someone other than his wife. Not smart to throw stones in a glass house
    Yes because the damage Jones did to that pole was far more damaging than Mitrione's comments.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    I think its weird Jones never used 'He' or 'She'

    I would sad He, and She by choice, not 'they'. That seems more insulting, to me.

    almost detached or cold in approach

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    I think its weird Jones never used 'He' or 'She'

    I would sad He, and She by choice, not 'they'. That seems more insulting, to me.

    almost detached or cold in approach
    I don't think so. He called her a person, because that's what she is, a person. Whether you want to argue she's a male or a female, she's still a person and should be treated as such. I believe that was his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I don't think so. He called her a person, because that's what she is, a person. Whether you want to argue she's a male or a female, she's still a person and should be treated as such. I believe that was his point.
    I view him as a person. A man who is making a career out of fighting women. Which is something I have zero respect for.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I view him as a person. A man who is making a career out of fighting women. Which is something I have zero respect for.
    I would prefer to hear the view of a Dr or scientist. An endocrinologist or biologist, someone with specific knowledge of what she has gone through anatomically. She's gone through steps to become a woman. If a doctor signs off on her being able to fight other women and an AC licences her based on that opinion, then thats that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I would prefer to hear the view of a Dr or scientist. An endocrinologist or biologist, someone with specific knowledge of what she has gone through anatomically. She's gone through steps to become a woman. If a doctor signs off on her being able to fight other women and an AC licences her based on that opinion, then thats that.
    I have read quite a bit on the issue from both sides including professional opinions. What I posted was simply my opinion.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I view him as a person. A man who is making a career out of fighting women. Which is something I have zero respect for.
    This might be the first time Ive agreed with you %100

    I cannot say it enough. F%^& that guy for waiting until he was a man in his mid thirties before he decided he wanted to be a girl and make a living out of beating the s&#@ out of women. That is a seriously disgusting individual in my opinion.

    That being said, this is probably the first Jones quote that Ive totally disagreed with.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •