Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    First of all, let me apologize if the previous post came off as kind of dickish. I didn't mean it as if your opinion is irrelevant.

What I meant was, I'd rather listen to a Dr.'s unbiased opinion on this.

That still sounded kind of dickish. I'm just going to walk away from this topic.
    Kevo I like you man, and I realize people feel strongly on the opposing side of how I feel. I was not offended.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    I think its weird Jones never used 'He' or 'She'

I would sad He, and She by choice, not 'they'. That seems more insulting, to me.

almost detached or cold in approach
    100% aggree reading it i felt like Jones really has a problem with fox but made the proper choice to be pc

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Kevo I like you man, and I realize people feel strongly on the opposing side of how I feel. I was not offended.
    I just feel like this chick is catching a lot of flack from people on this board. You can agree or disagree with her fighting other women, but the pure venom and vitriol that is being spewed toward this person really bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I just feel like this chick is catching a lot of flack from people on this board. You can agree or disagree with her fighting other women, but the pure venom and vitriol that is being spewed toward this person really bothers me.
    I just don't view Fox as a woman. If it were anything besides fighting then I wouldn't care, I mean I am fine with whatever you need to do to make you happy with you, but this is where I draw the line with my courtesy. Fox is not a woman in my mind. I get that it has to suck feeling like you were born the wrong sex, but wanting it to change and even doing everything you can to change it, is not enough to actually change it to make it ok for fighting.
    USA! USA! USA!

I don't think so. He called her a person, because that's what she is, a person. Whether you want to argue she's a male or a female, she's still a person and should be treated as such. I believe that was his point.
    I didn't mean Jones was being disingenuous, but walking such a fine PC line, that it seemed he was doing almost a PR job for the UFC as a title holder.

I'm not saying Jones was full of shit, but it seemed that general pronouns were the 'safe' way to talk,

plus he said he was a 'fan of that person', without really saying if he thought it was ok for a transgender man to fight women. He didn't really talk about the real issue of the controversy and it seemed more of a PR service

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    100% aggree reading it i felt like Jones really has a problem with fox but made the proper choice to be pc
    I don't know if Jones has a 'problem' with Fox, just Mitrione, which makes sense.

But unless Jones is talking about what he thinks of 'that person', he's just talking about what someone else said, which is kind of skirting around the issue,

to me

even if she did get a "doctor" to sign off on it doesnt make it okay in my book. There are so many doctors out there that do and say things that completely contradict what another doctor says.

In a situation like this Doctor 1 could say that Fox is a women and has done all of the things needed to be called a women.

Doctor 2 could say with all do respect to doctor 1, my personal findings say other wise and so on an s forth.

Im going to stick with what ive said from the begining; this is wrong and i dont support it one bit.

On a side note; im a jones fan but Mitrione is not a scumbag for the comments he made. He feels strongly on the situation and voiced it, all be it in a way the UFC didnt like. But one may also argue that a person who gets a DUI and crashes his car into a pole with 2 women who were not his wife/baby momma to be a scumbag as well. This is why Jones needs to keep quiet when asked about situations that dont involve him. Just say no comment and onto the next one.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

I just feel like this chick is catching a lot of flack from people on this board.
    What chick?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    My take is if your not allowed to take roids why would you be allowed to take stuff to make women things appear and be allowed to fight.
    That's a great point.

Fox can live as a Woman, but has to take medications to be a woman, how is that different than unapproved TRT?

how many of us gave women fighters shit for testing positive for PEDs? Like Cyborg Santos?

I'm all for acceptance and equal opportunities, Women and LBGT individuals should be able to compete WITH Men, IMO, from racing to basketball, to baseball, if they can compete and out perform someone who tried out as well

But not combat sports (boxing, kickboxing, or MMA), or Hockey

9. Default

"I think he's terrible for that," Jones said. "It's ridiculous. I think Fallon Fox, that's a strong person. Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person. I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through.

"People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags. He's a scumbag. I don't care if he's off suspension or doesn't fight again. He's a ridiculous person."
    "He needs to shut his mouth," Jones said. "That's how I feel about that kid. He's scum
    From a guy with a DUI

He is arrogant and needs to see the reak world

wake up u broke the law....he did not
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information