Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 81

Thread: Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada BC
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    He's saying that we are a product of our experiences; not that all our experiences have to define us. Some people prescribe to the thinking that mistakes are only a negative thing. It would behoove all to show some form of compassion and empathy instead of being one who is always on the threshold to jump on another for their mistakes and poor judgement(s).




    BP
    yeah but how does that relate to what i said?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    How exactly Fox was born differently?
    He was born a man and he is a man, it was his choice to look like a woman.
    Could be that Fox's brain is wired differently and has identified as a female since childhood.

    Could be what RH has pointed out several times:

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead
    As I posted before, not everyone has definitive chromosomes that indicate whether they're male or female. When my wife got pregnant with our son, we got a lot of information that indicated an alarmingly high [for me, anyway] percentage of children are born with both sets of genitalia, vestigal or otherwise. In many cases, it's enough of a toss up where they literally ask the parent's if they want the child to be a boy or a girl, and then conduct surgery and treatment. Many of these children later grow up to be conflicted, and some go on to get what they consider to be corrective surgery.
    Could be anything...

    I am not the individual in question nor am I her doctor. I do not hold her medical files in my possession nor do you.

    Everyone is born differently, some are more different than others. I am simplifying what could be anything from Gender Identity Disorder to being a hermaphrodite. Why? Because I do not know why or how Fallon Fox has made their decisions so I will not predetermine or assume to know what caused her life to take the path it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    He's saying that we are a product of our experiences; not that all our experiences have to define us. Some people prescribe to the thinking that mistakes are only a negative thing. It would behoove all to show some form of compassion and empathy instead of being one who is always on the threshold to jump on another for their mistakes and poor judgement(s).




    BP
    Precisely what I meant when addressing, dj triple. But, there is another point to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    yeah but how does that relate to what i said?
    The bolded part of the quote is what I was addressing. You labelled Jones as fake.

    You say that Jones is fake. Surely, you must then think GSP is fake.

    A point I was trying to also make was that when these particular athletes address the media they are presenting an image of who they want to be --- how they want to be themselves to be perceived. This is something we are all guilty of in business. People wear masks sometimes, everyone has. So basically what you are doing is a bit of hypocrisy because everyone does what you accuse Jones of doing, even yourself.

    Go ahead and scream that Jones is a horrible human being, but this is not the case in this particular situation. Jones is a human being like we all are, not a "non-person" as you labelled him.

    The man was asked a question then proceeded to give an opinion. By all means, go berserk on him for his past indiscretions but, in my opinion, that makes you look silly because it has nothing to do with the situation at all.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada BC
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Precisely what I meant when addressing, dj triple. But, there is another point to make.



    The bolded part of the quote is what I was addressing. You labelled Jones as fake.

    You say that Jones is fake. Surely, you must then think GSP is fake.

    A point I was trying to also make was that when these particular athletes address the media they are presenting an image of who they want to be --- how they want to be themselves to be perceived. This is something we are all guilty of in business. People wear masks sometimes, everyone has. So basically what you are doing is a bit of hypocrisy because everyone does what you accuse Jones of doing, even yourself.

    Go ahead and scream that Jones is a horrible human being, but this is not the case in this particular situation. Jones is a human being like we all are, not a "non-person" as you labelled him.

    The man was asked a question then proceeded to give an opinion. By all means, go berserk on him for his past indiscretions but, in my opinion, that makes you look silly because it has nothing to do with the situation at all.
    what i meant by non person is that he's not really a person he's that mask you talk about. i totally get what your saying i just think there has to be a line on how fake you can be before someone can just write you off as unauthentic and not trustworthy. plus Jon Jones insulted me.. i kinda agree with Matt so now because i'm "like Matt" now i'm a scumbag? if i get anything from this is that he hates Matt for whatever reason but i doubt it has anything to do with fallon fox the person

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    he calls her a person.. he's blatantly saying that Fallon is not a she but some in between thing ..which is exactly what Matt's point was.. Jon is just trying to suck up to fans to look pc just like the time he did the anti drinking and driving commercial... in my opinion Jon Jones is a non person himself because he's so fake. you can't take anything he has to say seriously because in the words of Greg Jackson he's just going out of his way to get some fans..

    you can agree that a person should be able to do what they want with their life ie.. get a sex change but if you had sex with a "woman" and later on found out it used to be a guy how would you feel? so there is a logical perspective that says hey do what you want but then there is the reality slap in the face that says hey you were born a guy and no matter how hard they try you will always be more male then the average female.. nobody looks at a ferrari kit for pontiac fiero and thinks it's a real ferrari if they knew it was a pontiac before..
    Wow....so by Jone's using ambiguous pronouns, he is "blatantly" trying to suck up to fans "the majority of fans are against Fallon fighting women" and is being disingenuous?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada BC
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Wow....so by Jone's using ambiguous pronouns, he is "blatantly" trying to suck up to fans "the majority of fans are against Fallon fighting women" and is being disingenuous?
    when you talk about a transsexual and your being ambiguous about gender it sends a message that you don't think that person is a she or he.. and i never said i thought Jon Jones is smart.. usually being PC is a good thing

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    when you talk about a transsexual and your being ambiguous about gender it sends a message that you don't think that person is a she or he.. and i never said i thought Jon Jones is smart.. usually being PC is a good thing
    Your interpretation is an extrapolation.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,054

    Default



    McMann is jacked!
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  8. Default

    Sniggles: Facts we have Fallon was born/titled a man he chose to alter his body to a female like attributes. How Fallons brain is wired doesn't change the fact that 20 years or so was a man. Fallon has the legal right to be what ever sex he/she wants, but I don't see where that gives her the right to fight females[ Note the I]

    Now on Jones: History shows were he spoke on how to act than got busted for just that.
    Than add his poor speaking magnify his faults.
    Yes we all need to remember someone is asking a question to them all info not always provided to us. Which can change how something appears

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    I could care less what question he was asked.

    He simply could have said, "Matt is entitled to his opinion but he should be more sensitive to others' feelings when sharing them in public. I personally do not agree with what he said and he has obviously been reprimanded for it and I hope he learned a little on the way."
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the Cloud
    Posts
    778

    Default

    "he's Scum".....says the guy who smashed up his Bentley while totally shit-canned, with 2 20 year old women in his car while he had a wife and kid at home...

    Nicely done Jon....Nicely done.



    H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •