Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz: Thomson scared, Benson weird, Gil the real champ

Quote Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
    I thought throwing in a towel meant nothing really since they can't stop it.
    Isn't that when the BJ/GSP fight got called....when BJ's corner through the towel or was it also verbal?
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Its getting harder and harder to be a fan of the Diaz brothers

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I really respect that his corner cared enough to throw in the towel.
    I actually thought along those lines when I saw the towel come in. They do deserve some credit for being good corner men in the aspect of caring for their fighter.

If this doesn't get addressed by someone in Nate's next interview then the mma 'media' are incompetent.

4. Default

Good news isn't good news to the media

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Isn't that when the BJ/GSP fight got called....when BJ's corner through the towel or was it also verbal?
    Thought it was just because he wasn't coming out for the next round. I know I've heard them say only the ref can stop the fight. So it wouldn't matter if you throw a towel but that doesn't mean they have to ignore it.

Okay, even if the stoppage was somehow early, there is no excuse and I mean none for the towel being thrown in by his corner. Rumor is, it was Nick that threw the towel.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Nate Diaz on His Fanbase and the Popular Diaz Bros Cartoons
    EXCLUSIVE (Part 6) | Nate Diaz on His Fanbase and the Popular Diaz Bros Cartoons | BJPENN.COM RADIO MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

“I think a lot of my fan base- our fan base, if you will because a lot of people kind of throw us into as the same person, me and my brother, people call me Nick half the day anyway. But I think it’s cool that these people are here, and I don’t beg to fans like people do, you know? Some people are out there like, ‘thanks to my fans!’ and I think it’s all like a sales pitch to fans; to get fans you know? I don’t sit out there and try to ask for fans, and I don’t thank them ever and I’m not like praising the Lord or nothing for fans in public, like I see a lot of people do that.

“To me, these fans they start following anyway, and I see them write positive, great things on the Internet about us on YouTube- and like I’m not asking for it, and they’re still there. I think that’s great, that’s hardcore, you know that they’re still- I appreciate it a lot. I think it’s cool that [there are] supporters out there and people that rep us like they do. Like I said, I don’t sit there on TV and be like, ‘thank you fans’, but I really do appreciate it; it’s cool man that they’re out there repping for us.”

Going back to his earlier assessment of Gray Maynard’s recent fights, while alluding to other less-entertaining fights, the 209 native believes that his fighting spirit and refusal to “run” inside the Octagon may have struck a chord with the die-hard MMA fans.

“I think that might have something to do with it, that I’m just fighting away and the fans, I think a lot of them could respect that, you know? They see me fighting, and that’s all they see me do; they don’t see me on a damn, ****ing car commercial, or a damn deodorant can or no funny shit like that” Diaz said, perhaps making an indirect reference to the UFC’s recent partnership with Edge Shave Gel, which features several fighters as members of “Team Edge”.

The Diaz brothers’ fans have been vocal on social media outlets such as Instagram and Twitter, which Nate made not of when talking about the detractors who have said negative things about them online. Hardcore fans of the Stockton born brother tandem have jumped to the defense of both men, which Nate believes is cool considering they’ve “got their back”.

The biggest instances of notoriety that have come to the Diaz brothers may however by a slew of videos by YouTube member prebek, who has released animated cartoons featuring numerous UFC personalities. Some of their most popular videos prominently feature Nick and Nate smoking marijuana, getting pulled over by Steven Segal and even fantasizing about UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey, among other things.

Most recently, the newest release from prebek featured Nick Diaz going on a blind date, and though it was perhaps assumed that due to the brothers’ aggressive nature they would take offense to the videos, that was not the case.

“They’re pretty funny, I watched that one last night too, the ‘Nick Diaz on a Date’ one; it had me rolling man, it was funny. That’s not even at all how it is, but it was hilarious because- it’s funny, because I like how people make assumptions of how we are, then they throw it on a video, so it’s pretty entertaining.”

Well, at least that was not the case for Nate, who couldn’t speak for others that weren’t present.

I get a kick out of it; you’ll have to ask Nick what he thinks of it.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

At least Nate wasnt a dick about the animated videos.

I am a Diaz fan because of how they fight, but find it hard to back them, based on what they say, in and out of the cage

For a while i thought their comments were antics....now I don't believe these are actually antics anymore.

The Diaz brothers have a brain cell shortage that can only be remedied by a brain cell donor. I would donate my self to them but I'm sure their brain would reject good cells.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Nate... please don't start acting like Nick
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information