Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Ref'ing Ever?

Default Worst Ref'ing Ever?

I am not sure why... but tonight was some of the worst refereeing I can recall in recent memory.

From the CRAZY ref decision to stop the fight in the OSP fight ("can you see"? Ummm... I just got poked in the eye. Maybe ask him after he has a few seconds to recover)

To the stoppage in the Jones/Sonnen fight (yes, I know that Chael said he was fine with the stoppage and there will be many on here who think I'm crazy... but that was an early stoppage for a TITLE fight)

And what about all the low blows and eye pokes that WEREN'T called??? I can think of at least 3 that went completely unnoticed by the refs.

Seriously... that was a messed up night of ref'ing.

Ya, I'm honestly pretty upset about the whole card tonight. 3-4 early stoppages, decisions. I wasn't expecting Chael to win, but that was an early stoppage. He landed 2-3 shots, partially blocked, and they stopped the fight. Wft. Don't think ill be ordering another ppv for a while.

maybe with osp,but whatever man. chael turtled up into fetal. he would have caught hot ones for 30 more seconds and got even more fucked up. get over it

Four things that will, in one way or another, forever plague mma: 1.) Judges, 2.) Refs, 3.) Gloves, 4.) Cups

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 04-28-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I don't see what was wrong with the stoppage in the Jones/Sonnen fight. Sonnen was taking a hell of a beating and the ref rescued him. No he wasn't out, but he wasn't fighting back or even really defending himself well.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    No get over yourself man.
    Seems a bit hot headed. Not sure what that really means either.

Sorry if your fighter got their ass kicked tonight and you feel like a ref contributed to it. I'll make sure to get over myself as well, or whatever.

I'll say what I always say. I would much rather see an early stoppage over a late stoppage in this sport.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    maybe with osp,but whatever man. chael turtled up into fetal. he would have caught hot ones for 30 more seconds and got even more fucked up. get over it
    Thank you Sir, Mr. Future seer. I had no clue that the fight would have gone over it's regulated 5 minute time by a total of 3 seconds. Nor did I know that Chael would have absolutely lost in those 30 seconds, had the ref not stopped the fight after 4 (or so) legit strikes.

Chael was defending himself against strikes,with his back against the cage, as best as he could. Maybe he would have continued in that "fetal position state", or maybe he would have actually tried to get up.

After 4 powerful shots that were decently defended, unless you're a Chael hater or Bones nut hugger, you can't call the fight done. Whether you believe Chael to be a trash talker and nothing more, or an athlete who tries to sell fights to make money, he's still the guy who beat Anderson Silva for over 4 rounds. Realistically, please be realistic (and I'm not trying to say all of this just to you).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thank you Sir, Mr. Future seer. I had no clue that the fight would have gone over it's regulated 5 minute time by a total of 3 seconds. Nor did I know that Chael would have absolutely lost in those 30 seconds, had the ref not stopped the fight after 4 (or so) legit strikes.

Chael was defending himself against strikes,with his back against the cage, as best as he could. Maybe he would have continued in that "fetal position state", or maybe he would have actually tried to get up.

After 4 powerful shots that were decently defended, unless you're a Chael hater or Bones nut hugger, you can't call the fight done. Whether you believe Chael to be a trash talker and nothing more, or an athlete who tries to sell fights to make money, he's still the guy who beat Anderson Silva for over 4 rounds. Realistically, please be realistic (and I'm not trying to say all of this just to you).
    Did you happen to see that shot to the chest before Sonnen turtles up? It doesn't matter. All he had to do was make it thirty more seconds and then it was in the bag. I'm sure he had an amazing gameplan for the second round that he just didn't employ at all in the first round.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information