Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White: Cormier could have an immediate title shot at 205

Default White: Cormier could have an immediate title shot at 205

White: Cormier could have an immediate title shot at 205 - Mixed Martial Arts News

according to UFC President Dana White, right at the top:

"He could drop to 205 and get a shot at the title in my opinion, on day one," he said. "Look at the guys he's beat at heavyweight."

It is not yet currently known if the 34-year-old Cormier could make the number due to kidney issues he sustained during his amateur wrestling career while cutting weight. In his last three fights, he has checked in at 235, 230 and 238 pounds, respectively. To make the light heavyweight championship fight limit, he would have to get down to 205 or less.

"I actually prefer him at 205," he said. "This heavyweight division isn’t like other heavyweight divisions. And in saying that, he beat Josh Barnett. That’s a big deal. I just don’t think he has the punching power at heavyweight that he’d have at 205."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Until DC fights Cain (I know their teammates and have said they wont), I wont be paying for any HW title PPV's

If Cain walks over Bigfoot, and DC can beat JDS, I dont care about the HW title picture until DC and Cain agree to fight

just my opinion

Look at all the guys he's beaten at LHW!!! I can't even count them.

BOGUS!!! Gus, Tiexera are way farther ahead than Cormier is at LHW.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I would love to see dc challenge bones... Right after he wins two fights at lhw.

That's even worse then Sonnen getting his shot. To the best of my knowledge DC has never even fought at LHW and would be making the cut for the first time. At least Chael HAS fought at LHW in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    Until DC fights Cain (I know their teammates and have said they wont), I wont be paying for any HW title PPV's

If Cain walks over Bigfoot, and DC can beat JDS, I dont care about the HW title picture until DC and Cain agree to fight

just my opinion
    Ahhh but can DC beat JDS and Overeem?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Ahhh but can DC beat JDS and Overeem?
    JDS? I could see it happening. I dont know if JDS is physically strong enough to keep DC from gluing him to the cage

And Overeem has to beat the drug test before taking on DC's cardio test

it would be a good fight though

Sure, why not. Its not like the UFC is concerned at all by the legitimacy of their titles anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    That's even worse then Sonnen getting his shot. To the best of my knowledge DC has never even fought at LHW and would be making the cut for the first time. At least Chael HAS fought at LHW in the past.
    Not really. At least Cormier is coming off a win, though at the wrong weight class.

The fact that this could actually happen and not be the biggest slap in the face of the fighters and fans in the past year is just sad.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Vitor just fought Jones, after all.

Thread Information