+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White: Cormier could have an immediate title shot at 205

DC would probably lose his speed that he has against LHW's.
    His speed is one of the things that he has a huge advantage over in the HW division.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

2. Default

DC just needs to get suspended and he a shoe in for the title.
    Grant it he held a title in SF but only 1 fight in the UFC and offering a title fight in a different div. Next we'll have people climbing over the cage to interfear with matchs so the ref miss's something and lets throw some chairs in while were at it.

DC wouldn't have any cardio at 205, nor would he have a major speed advantage.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Why do people talk about him cutting and having trouble getting to that weight. He would probably only have to change his diet and that would put him close to it. Dude has plenty of fat to fall off of he wanted it to....

Quote Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
    Why do people talk about him cutting and having trouble getting to that weight. He would probably only have to change his diet and that would put him close to it. Dude has plenty of fat to fall off of he wanted it to....
    This. He's still pretty chubby at 230 and is known for not eating well. It's hard to say what improving his diet and conditioning training will do, but I'm pretty optimistic.

That said, there's a world of difference between being able to grapple most of the division and beating Jones. I do think that when DC enters that fight he'll no longer have a speed advantage, will still be a mediocre striker, and will be at a huge reach disadvantage. IMO Jones stays on the outside and takes the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Roy Nelson aint quite a title shot.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The new definition of MMA math: how many title defenses at LHW does it count for if you defeat 2 MW & 1 HW?

(2MW) + (1HW) = ? LHW

Don't forget to get Sonnen to carry the 1 million buys because that matters, and he is the only one who will do it.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

There are no real rankings in the UFC, that should be pretty clear by now. That's one reason why the "sport" isn't taken as seriously as it could be taken. Let's be honest, the UFC makes money fights and does not even have a semi coherant ranking structure to even try to justify title fights. Hell even boxing with it's alphabet soup has more rhyme and reason to it's title fights. Dana likes to point at officiating, but he should pull the motes from his company's own eye....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information