Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping is fighting 'some retard from Mississippi'

1. Default UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping is fighting 'some retard from Mississippi'

UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping is fighting 'some retard from Mississippi' - MMAmania.com

"Nobody's been asking (about our fight) because nobody's interested in Alan Belcher. My phone wasn't ringing every day because I was fighting some retard from Mississippi. This is very different from fighting Rashad Evans or Vitor Belfort or something like that. Alan Belcher, okay? A bit different, guys. He's been in the UFC almost as long as I have. Of course I've prepared accordingly. But he's been fighting a very different level of competition."
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight troublemaker Michael Bisping is bummed over the fact that no one is paying attention to his upcoming co-main event fight against Alan Belcher at the UFC 159 pay-per-view event, which goes down tomorrow night (April 27, 2013) at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Blame UFC matchmaker Joe Silva for that one, since he's the guy that paired him off with a "retard from Mississippi," according to comments made by "The Count" at yesterday's UFC 159 pre-fight media day (see more news and notes on that here).
    *Very upset to see Michael use the R word. And I doubt anything will be done by the UFC about it.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

English people aren't so prissy about the PC language, especially when it is not directed at an actual person with mental deficiencies.

3. Default

You can hide behind the so called put down of the term "PC" if you want. It's still wrong and a bad choice of words.

Of course he isn't talking to someone with a mental handicap, he's saying they are a person with a mental handicap.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I'm pretty sure the reason not many are talking about this fight, was because the one's that were talking about his earlier fights were saying

'I head Rashad is fighting some English Hillbilly'

and

'I heard Vitor's fighting that guy that needs subtitles after Hendo slammed the talking part of his brain, into his ass.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You can hide behind the so called put down of the term "PC" if you want. It's still wrong and a bad choice of words.

Of course he isn't talking to someone with a mental handicap, he's saying they are a person with a mental handicap.
    Of course it is a bad choice of words but you can't expect other people to use the same derogatory rhetoric as you would. Unless he is saying it to someone with a disability I couldn't careless.

Sure I would view him as low brow, but I would not intervene if someone called someone else a retard, a fag or if he said something was gay. If he was saying it to someone who was in that group of people I would verbally object. In other words, I care more what I do then what others do.

Retard used to mean slow action and it still does if you look it up in the dictionary. Has been used that way since the 1400s.

I get what you are saying. A more educated man wouldn't say it as a public figure.

What is the big deal here?
    He said the word "retard", so what then? Everybody has used that word at some time in their lifes to insult someone.

So Bisping said the word "retard" in public. Dana White and Joe Rogan have used the words "cunt", "faggot", and nothing happened. Why the UFC should puncihs Bisping for saying "retard"? Just to show once again how hypocrites they are?
    It wasn't enough to punish Mitrione because he said in public what many people (probably including the UFC bosses) actually think?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

So it's not ok to call a person a mentally hindered stick bundle?

8. Default

Back to why no one cares Bisping has blew several gifted chances for a title shot lost to top contenders. Pushes the line he didn't lose or really won that fight decisively to were we don't care. Most will watch his fight, but not get wrapped up in his story line anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    So it's not ok to call a person a mentally hindered stick bundle?
    What kind of sticks?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Because you guys are slow to the punch... and so was Bisping.

Thread Information