Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC Quick Quote: Michael Bisping is fighting 'some retard from Mississippi'

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Because you guys are slow to the punch... and so was Bisping.

I already made a hendo joke

and I wanted to see that gif again

Meh, its just a word. If words bother you that bad I don't know what to tell you.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Whenever I comment on a Bisping thread, I feel like a disclaimer is needed, because even though I'm a fan of his, hopefully the guys on here who know me and my posts know that I try to be fair, whoever the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    English people aren't so prissy about the PC language, especially when it is not directed at an actual person with mental deficiencies.
    I'd have to agree man, I always think that words like "faggot" and "retard" more offensive in the US. Semantics is a difficult one, because how offensive a word is is largely dependent upon the person who hears, not the one who says it, but to call something "retarded" really isn't a big deal in the UK, and certainly wouldn't cause widespread offense, imo.

"Pleb", however... now that's a different story: BBC News - 'Plebgate': Police inquiry costs reach £144,000

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What is the big deal here?
    He said the word "retard", so what then? Everybody has used that word at some time in their lifes to insult someone.

So Bisping said the word "retard" in public. Dana White and Joe Rogan have used the words "cunt", "faggot", and nothing happened. Why the UFC should puncihs Bisping for saying "retard"? Just to show once again how hypocrites they are?
    It wasn't enough to punish Mitrione because he said in public what many people (probably including the UFC bosses) actually think?
    In the UK the word "fag" is used as a casual word for cigarette (god knows why), and this word is used FAR more than cigarette is. It's ridiculous how adding three letters ("-got") on the end can cause such offense.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    *Very upset to see Michael use the R word.
    *hugs*

Shhh, there there, it's gonna be okay.
    Last edited by Leucoethiops; 04-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.

5. 04-27-2013, 08:18 PM

Reason
    dbl

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    "Pleb", however... now that's a different story: BBC News - 'Plebgate': Police inquiry costs reach £144,000
    so WTF does Pleb mean?

Bisping has called his opponents worse insults than retard before so I think it is about par for the course with Bisping.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post

*hugs*

Shhh, there there, it's gonna be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    so WTF does Pleb mean?
    It was an ancient roman term used for the "common people". The scandal I linked you to before was a case where a Government minister was supposed to have called two Police Officers "plebs" after they stopped him from leaving work on Downing Street via a particular exit because he was with a bike.

The uproar that followed was mostly due to the deep class conflict that exists in the UK, and I wouldn't say that to the general public the word "pleb" is offensive in the slightest, it's used as a slang term is someone does something foolish, in a lightly hearted way.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Yesterday's weigh-ins: DEVASTATING PUSH

Sooooo Mitrione is the devil for insulting a person that some (me included) view as a man fighting women, but this is ok? We live in a hell of a world. Don't criticize a person that did stuff that obviously would lead to criticism, but it's fine to use a slur about people with learning disabilities. That makes sense.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information