Thread: Spang & De Fries removed from active roster, scythe swings on TUF 17 cast

Default Spang & De Fries removed from active roster, scythe swings on TUF 17 cast

Spang & De Fries removed from active roster, scythe swings on TUF 17 cast - Bloody Elbow

Slowly, but surely, the UFC continues to peck away at it's 385 man roster (I don't know where Dana gets 470). Today that 100 fighter manifesto appears to have moved a little further along with the suspected release of an additional 7 fighters.

Today's Cut List:

Philip De Fries
    Chris Spang
    Jimmy Quinlan
    Collin Hart
    Kevin Casey
    Gilbert Smith Jr.
    Adam Cella
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This list is very reasonable IMO. Certainly not the shocker that was the last big round of cuts.

No surprises here at all. I would like to see Kevin get another chance down the road though. His BJJ looked scary good at the beginning of his fight and if he were to work on his striking and cardio I could see him being a threat to a lot of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    No surprises here at all. I would like to see Kevin get another chance down the road though. His BJJ looked scary good at the beginning of his fight and if he were to work on his striking and cardio I could see him being a threat to a lot of guys.
    Yeah man, he was good to watch, and it really seemed like his cardio was his biggest flaw. I'm sure he could get some way on the level of grappling alone, if his cardio was there to back-up that grinding style. He came across like a guy who would do a great job of grinding, smothering, and jumping on submissions, if only he had some gas in the tank. Maybe lose some muscle and drop down?

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Yeah man, he was good to watch, and it really seemed like his cardio was his biggest flaw. I'm sure he could get some way on the level of grappling alone, if his cardio was there to back-up that grinding style. He came across like a guy who would do a great job of grinding, smothering, and jumping on submissions, if only he had some gas in the tank. Maybe lose some muscle and drop down?
    He have to make huge improvements he was 0-3 for his TUF matches against a couple guys that didn't make the cut themselves.

Thread Information