Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

Default Jon Jones: 'People Like Matt Mitrione are Scumbags'

Jon Jones: 'People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags' - Bloody Elbow

Jon Jones spoke to the media earlier today ahead of Saturday night's UFC light heavyweight title defense against Chael Sonnen. While Jones spoke plenty about Sonnen -- including once again saying that Chael is not making $10,000,000 for the fight -- his most interesting comments may have been about Matt Mitrione.

Mitrione was given a token "suspension" by the UFC after calling transgender fighter Fallon Fox "sick" and a "disgusting freak" in a recent tirade on The MMA Hour. That suspension appears to have already been lifted as Mitrione has been booked for the UFC's next show on Fox.

Jones had the following to say about Mitrione (via MMA Junkie):

"I think he's terrible for that," Jones said. "It's ridiculous. I think Fallon Fox, that's a strong person. Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person. I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through.

"People like Matt Mitrione are scumbags. He's a scumbag. I don't care if he's off suspension or doesn't fight again. He's a ridiculous person."

"He needs to shut his mouth," Jones said. "That's how I feel about that kid. He's scum."
    Not a lot of need to expound on his thoughts.

With Jones discussing possibly moving up to heavyweight in two fights, this could be a soundbite the UFC wants to keep in their back pocket as Mitrione would seem to be a pretty nice "warm up" opponent for Jones in a move to heavyweight.

Sooooooo much rage. Enough rage that if I said how I felt about Fox/Bones I would get banned.
    USA! USA! USA!

3. Default

I can see this leading into a HW tune-up fight for Jones. Jones is hopeing people forgot him saying how they should act as he was a good example and crashes his car with someone other than his wife. Not smart to throw stones in a glass house

I think its weird Jones never used 'He' or 'She'

I would sad He, and She by choice, not 'they'. That seems more insulting, to me.

almost detached or cold in approach

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    I think its weird Jones never used 'He' or 'She'

I would sad He, and She by choice, not 'they'. That seems more insulting, to me.

almost detached or cold in approach
    I don't think so. He called her a person, because that's what she is, a person. Whether you want to argue she's a male or a female, she's still a person and should be treated as such. I believe that was his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I don't think so. He called her a person, because that's what she is, a person. Whether you want to argue she's a male or a female, she's still a person and should be treated as such. I believe that was his point.
    I view him as a person. A man who is making a career out of fighting women. Which is something I have zero respect for.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I view him as a person. A man who is making a career out of fighting women. Which is something I have zero respect for.
    I would prefer to hear the view of a Dr or scientist. An endocrinologist or biologist, someone with specific knowledge of what she has gone through anatomically. She's gone through steps to become a woman. If a doctor signs off on her being able to fight other women and an AC licences her based on that opinion, then thats that.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I would prefer to hear the view of a Dr or scientist. An endocrinologist or biologist, someone with specific knowledge of what she has gone through anatomically. She's gone through steps to become a woman. If a doctor signs off on her being able to fight other women and an AC licences her based on that opinion, then thats that.
    I have read quite a bit on the issue from both sides including professional opinions. What I posted was simply my opinion.
    USA! USA! USA!

The knight and shining armor to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I have read quite a bit on the issue from both sides including professional opinions. What I posted was simply my opinion.
    First of all, let me apologize if the previous post came off as kind of dickish. I didn't mean it as if your opinion is irrelevant.

What I meant was, I'd rather listen to a Dr.'s unbiased opinion on this.

That still sounded kind of dickish. I'm just going to walk away from this topic.

Thread Information