Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones: "Superfight with Anderson only depends on him"

Default Jones: "Superfight with Anderson only depends on him"

Jones: "Superfight with Anderson only depends on him" - Fighters Only

“Fighting Anderson Silva is something I think about every day. Now I am a light-heavyweight and I have been successful being the champion. At the same time, Anderson is called the best pound for pound fighter in the world,” Jones told SPORTV program ‘Ta na Area’.

“I am number one in my weight class but number two P4P in the public eye. I am in no way provoking him but all I would say is that a fight between us only depends on Anderson wanting it to happen.”

Anderson has previously fought in the UFC light-heavyweight division twice, winning both fights, but has not fought any light-heavyweights the caliber of Jones. At the same time, the UFC has been pushing welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre towards taking a match with Anderson but the French-Canadian isn’t keen.

Jones has said that he thinks he will soon be forced to move up to the heavyweight class because he is in his early twenties and his body continues to grow. So if a superfight with Anderson is to happen, it would have to happen fairly soon…
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm not sure if beating up the smaller guy makes you the better P4P fighter, but I'd still love to see the fight
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAtt View Post
    I'm not sure if beating up the smaller guy makes you the better P4P fighter, but I'd still love to see the fight
    Agree with both points.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

If Jones wins, doesn't up him much, true

but if Silva wins? And in decisive fashion, does he become the undisputed greatest of all time, regardless of how his career ends?

Besides Jones fighting DC at 205 (undeserved, yes), I want to see Jones at HW

Silva has fought at 205 3 times not 2. Get your facts straight who ever wrote this
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Silva has fought at 205 3 times not 2. Get your facts straight who ever wrote this
    James Irvin does not count.

Come on, really, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to put a drugged up Irvin in the right with Silva anyways?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Joe Silva wanted a highlight reel.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAtt View Post
    Silva is a HUGE MW and about an average size LHW. The guy is bigger then Machida, Hendo and Evans. So I would not exactly act he is some tiny little fighter bumping up to take on such a huge monster of a champion. If anything it is a Big LHW beating up a Medium LHW.

As for the fight, I could see it going either way. Some days I think Jones would murder Silva, other days I see Silva putting a beating on Jones. Just matters who I saw fight last.

Also on another note. Aldo and Cruz are 1 and 2 P4P fighters not Silva and Jones.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I know I'm gonna get some shit for this, but if you really think about it how the fuck is bones #2 pound for pound?!?! Pound for pound is supposed to be "what would happen if everybody was the same size", does anyone really believe bones would be dominant without his freaking perfect for mma body structure? Who here thinks that if Rashad and Bones were the exact same size, with the exact same reach, bones woulda won? What about Machida? Think he out wrestles Chael even without his size and 10 1/2 reach advantage? Ever wondered why it is called a reach advantage? Because it is an advantage. Is Bones great? Yes, and I am not even taking anything away from him because of his physical tools, but to put him atop a theoretical list where all physical advantages would be neutralized is ridiculous. It's like putting Shaq at the top of an NBA pound for pound list.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

this to me would be fight of the year

Thread Information