Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockhold: I'm 'more of a man than' Vitor Belfort

Default Rockhold: I'm 'more of a man than' Vitor Belfort

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-Vitor-Belfort

Luke Rockhold was the two-time defending middleweight champion when Strikeforce was purchased by Zuffa and close. Rockhold will make his UFC debut next month against former lightheavyweight champion Vitor Belfort and believes that he's just that one win away from a UFC title shot:

“I’m focused on Vitor, but I don’t see how [a win] couldn’t warrant a title shot. I mean, Gilbert got an immediate title shot. I’ve defended my belt twice and taking out a top contender like Vitor, why wouldn’t I?”

“I think my advantages is everywhere really. Vitor will always have fast hands, he has good power, but I pose a lot of problems myself. I’m a longer fighter, I have better kicks than him. I believe my advantages are on the ground, in wrestling, in the distance in the stand up. I have plenty of ways to win this fight. And most of all, I got more heart than Vitor. I think I’m more of a man than Vitor.”

“I think it’s a crock of s*** personally. I don’t understand it,” Luke said of Vitor’s TRT exemption. “I think Nevada set the standard for most of the other states. And it’s like the NBA and Baseball, if they travel overseas, they’re not going to be permitted to use steroids just because they’re overseas. I think it’s just crap. But at the same time, if they’re not going to punish him, I will. And I believe it hurts you in more ways than it helps you.”
    While some fighters might feel that travelling to scrap in his opponent’s backyard means that they’re about to tread waters in hostile territory, Rockhold not only thinks he’ll be welcomed in the Arena Jaraguá in Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil, but said fighting Vitor in his native Brazil has him riled up even more for the impending battle.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

war rockhold! i've lost a lot of respect for vitor. he's physically gifted and is very, very dangerous, but the truth is vitor has been caught multiple times throughout his career for banned substances. for a man who is so quick to proclaim jesus as his savior, cheating to win seems pretty hypocritical to me.
    lemme touch your feet

War Vitor!

Never really liked Rockhold. Hope Vitor puts him in his place.
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

Vitor should be very close to another title shot, and finishing Rockhold would be the way to do it. Personally I think he should be fighting Wiedman, but hey this is the second best fight.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Rockhold is a good athlete and fighter. I'm a fan but I am calling Vitor by TKO. If Rockhold can survive the onslaught and drag Vitor down, he has a chance, but fighting Vitor in Brazil on TRT is like getting in the cage with a rabid bull.

I am thinking about adding Vitor to a parlay. He is the underdog in the fight.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Well then if the Strikeforce middleweight champ beats a rabid brazilian bull I'd say he deserves to be the next #1 contender. When Vitor loses I hope Chael gets to defend his TRT world championship against him one last time, one more for the bad guy.

I am now a Luke Rockhold fan. This TRT stuff needs to be put under control. It'll happen, just not soon enough.
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

Rockhold is barely top 10. I think he loses spectacularly.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

9. Default

Somebody usually has to be pretty good to be in the top ten and wasn't fighting in the UFC. Not up to date on Rockhold but I'll see soon enough

I agree with the general consensus. I can't see Rockhold winning this.

Thread Information