Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen wants bout with Wanderlei Silva

Been wanting this fight for a while. People underestimate Silvas Jits. Wanderlei kills Sonnen any day of the week.

Look guys, you can trash Chael for 'stalling' all you want. Bottom line is, he had championship fights at the front of his mind rather than fighting a guy who is obviously at the tail-end of his career.

But now that Chael too, appears to be near the end of his career a fight with Axe Murderer makes a lot more sense. I hope this fight happens. I'm a HUGE Wanderlei fan and can see him winning this one by submission. Otherwise Chael takes him down at will and plays pattycake with Wand's face for 15 minutes.

I'd like the winner of that fight to get Forrest Griffin (another guy kind of stuck there in no man's land and self-admittedly at the tail-end of his career).
    "I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I kick faces."
    "I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."

3. Default

This is a big money fight. Sonnens title shots/ bigger money fights are over. I don't know of any other titles he could talk himself into, so Wandy now is a fight to make. Wandy will respond and this will hyped to the max between the two, than 6-9 months the fight will happen. Unless they use the two for TUF coaches[ hope not] This is a easy Co Main event

I see this fight going one of two ways:

1. Wanderlei does what he does best and makes it his kind of fight. He sucks Chael into a brawl and gets an early knockout.

or

2. Chael plays things smart. He doesn't try to stand with the ax murderer for too long, shoots in for a power double and pretty much pounds on him for 3 rounds.

This is an interesting matchup for sure, but I think I like Chael for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

i don't see this fight ending well for wanderlei. sonnen is going to put him on his back and then just grind out a win. i like both fighters but i'd want wanderlei to win this...

6. Default

I honestly can't believe people are actually condoning Chael and Wandy getting into a streetfight. Plus Wandy was just removed from his surgery. He would of been taken down and literally face fucked.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'm not condoning anything. But that doesn't change the fact that Chael made a punk ass move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

It's hard to consider Wanderlei wrong here for telling Chael he was wrong for trashing all of Brazil, the Nogueiras, and that he could be in danger if he continued talking trash about a whole country....one that's known for awesome MMA, favelas, soccer and brutal crimes.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information