+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Cheick Kongo cut, apparently

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,994

    Default

    It's about time they cut that cheating sob. Let him go to WSOF and kick Arlovski in the balls.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,454

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    It's about time they cut that cheating sob. Let him go to WSOF and kick Arlovski in the balls.
    What? No, I don't want to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Update: Cheick Kongo refused to sign new UFC contract because after years of kickboxing and MMA, he wishes to follow his true passion of Roshambo.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Good news. I hate Cupcheik.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    He played hardball, gambled with the negotiations, and got burned. He probably ends up in WSOF or Bellator.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    So you are saying Sonnen losing a match that most expected him to against a dominant top ranked fighter like Jones is the equivalent to getting ko'd by a mid tier heavyweight ?
    He said that Kongo deserves to be cut because he is a kickboxer and he got KOd.
    I am saying that by that logic, Sonnen should be cut too because he is a wrestler and he got outwrestled big time.

    As for your argument of "getting ko'd by a mid tier heavyweight", you know that Nelson is actually ranked higher than Kongo right? So if Nelson is a mid tier HW, then what is Kongo??

    So it is embarrasing for Kongo to get KOd because he is a kickboxer. What about JDS? He is a boxer (the best boxer in the HW division) and he got tagged by Nelson many times too.

    Nelson is not a garbage, obviously he will never be UFC champ, but let's not underrate him, he has a vicious KO power in that right hand.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He said that Kongo deserves to be cut because he is a kickboxer and he got KOd.
    I am saying that by that logic, Sonnen should be cut too because he is a wrestler and he got outwrestled big time.
    .
    By that logic, just about everyone should be cut because they've all lost at one point or another to someone who beat them at their own game.

    Cain outboxed JDS last fight.
    Matt Serra outstruck and KO'd GSP.
    Wanderlei got blitz KO'd by Leben.
    Fitch and Koscheck both got outwrestled by GSP.

    and the list goes on....

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    I'm looking forward to Kongo facing decent competition outside of the UFC. It'll be interesting to see where the division is as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    13,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I'm looking forward to Kongo facing decent competition outside of the UFC. It'll be interesting to see where the division is as a whole.
    Sylvia, Arlovski, Crocop II, Monson, Barnett, Kharitonov, Rizzo, Thompson, Pudz and Rogers are all outside of the UFC that could be money fights in Japan or one of those Monte Cox shows, maybe AXS, but I'm not too sure BFC wants to pay him to crush some scrubs at his pricetag......

    Arlovski/Kongo works for an WSOF card with alot of cache IMO.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •