Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Cheick Kongo cut, apparently

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Kongo just isn't that good. Not huge news to me. He will have some good fights for different promotions.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He said that Kongo deserves to be cut because he is a kickboxer and he got KOd.
    I am saying that by that logic, Sonnen should be cut too because he is a wrestler and he got outwrestled big time.
    The point being though that Sonnen got outwrestled by someone with a really good wrestling base who was also bigger then him and a top ranked fighter currently in the world. Where as Kongo got knocked out by a fighter that he arguably should have had a stand up/striking advantage against given his and Roy's different backgrounds.

    As for your argument of "getting ko'd by a mid tier heavyweight", you know that Nelson is actually ranked higher than Kongo right? So if Nelson is a mid tier HW, then what is Kongo??
    I know the rankings and don't see how that changes what I've said.

    So it is embarrasing for Kongo to get KOd because he is a kickboxer. What about JDS? He is a boxer (the best boxer in the HW division) and he got tagged by Nelson many times too.
    JDS didn't lose I'd have to rewatch the fight but don't really remember him being in any real danger against Nelson.

    Nelson is not a garbage, obviously he will never be UFC champ, but let's not underrate him, he has a vicious KO power in that right hand.
    I'm curious how does being ranked mid tier translate into being garbage ?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    so the 3rd highest paid fighter (not counting any kind of Bonus) @ ufc 159 was Cheick
    i wonder what his next check will look like i guess 30k less

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Chicago
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    he hasn't been cut.

    he admitted it himself.

    said it was just a rumor.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    he hasn't been cut.

    he admitted it himself.

    said it was just a rumor.
    State your source or I call bullshit. UFC has every reason to fire his cheating ass. Hell, he'd probably kick Dana in the balls on the way out.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,394

    Default

    He hasn't been released, but the Nelson fight was the last one on his contract. He declined to resign with the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,362

    Default

    Cheick Kongo comments on the end of his UFC tenure; tells fans not to worry - MMAmania.com

    "Don't believe he said- she said stories," Kongo wrote on his official Facebook page (translated from French). "I have not been cut by the UFC. I am Cheick Kongo so I know BEST what's NEXT for me. It doesn't mean that I am leaving the UFC, it doesn't mean that I am staying, it means this is my LIFE.

    "Do not believe what we tell you. I am in the best position to know what happened to my career in the UFC. AND do not worry. For the moment, be aware that in no case the UFC not dismissed me and I am on very good terms with the American organization."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  8. #48

    Default

    Thanks for the random capitalization, Cheick!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Thanks for the random capitalization, Cheick!
    That's not random capitalization. It's his Facbook page's voice rising every time he kicks it in the balls.
    My Favorite Fighters

    1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,394

    Default

    "Do not believe what we tell you
    Okie dokie....
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •