Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cheick Kongo cut, apparently

Kongo just isn't that good. Not huge news to me. He will have some good fights for different promotions.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    He said that Kongo deserves to be cut because he is a kickboxer and he got KOd.
    I am saying that by that logic, Sonnen should be cut too because he is a wrestler and he got outwrestled big time.
    The point being though that Sonnen got outwrestled by someone with a really good wrestling base who was also bigger then him and a top ranked fighter currently in the world. Where as Kongo got knocked out by a fighter that he arguably should have had a stand up/striking advantage against given his and Roy's different backgrounds.

As for your argument of "getting ko'd by a mid tier heavyweight", you know that Nelson is actually ranked higher than Kongo right? So if Nelson is a mid tier HW, then what is Kongo??
    I know the rankings and don't see how that changes what I've said.

So it is embarrasing for Kongo to get KOd because he is a kickboxer. What about JDS? He is a boxer (the best boxer in the HW division) and he got tagged by Nelson many times too.
    JDS didn't lose I'd have to rewatch the fight but don't really remember him being in any real danger against Nelson.

Nelson is not a garbage, obviously he will never be UFC champ, but let's not underrate him, he has a vicious KO power in that right hand.
    I'm curious how does being ranked mid tier translate into being garbage ?

so the 3rd highest paid fighter (not counting any kind of Bonus) @ ufc 159 was Cheick
    i wonder what his next check will look like i guess 30k less

he hasn't been cut.

he admitted it himself.

said it was just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    he hasn't been cut.

he admitted it himself.

said it was just a rumor.
    State your source or I call bullshit. UFC has every reason to fire his cheating ass. Hell, he'd probably kick Dana in the balls on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He hasn't been released, but the Nelson fight was the last one on his contract. He declined to resign with the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Cheick Kongo comments on the end of his UFC tenure; tells fans not to worry - MMAmania.com

"Don't believe he said- she said stories," Kongo wrote on his official Facebook page (translated from French). "I have not been cut by the UFC. I am Cheick Kongo so I know BEST what's NEXT for me. It doesn't mean that I am leaving the UFC, it doesn't mean that I am staying, it means this is my LIFE.

"Do not believe what we tell you. I am in the best position to know what happened to my career in the UFC. AND do not worry. For the moment, be aware that in no case the UFC not dismissed me and I am on very good terms with the American organization."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thanks for the random capitalization, Cheick!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Thanks for the random capitalization, Cheick!
    That's not random capitalization. It's his Facbook page's voice rising every time he kicks it in the balls.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

"Do not believe what we tell you
    Okie dokie....
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information