+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resurgent welterweight Patrick Cote inks new four-fight deal with UFC

Default Resurgent welterweight Patrick Cote inks new four-fight deal with UFC

Resurgent welterweight Patrick Cote inks new four-fight deal with UFC - MMAmania.com

ongtime mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran Patrick Cote is just a few months away from his nine-year anniversary, one that marks his first-ever appearance for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), a unanimous decision loss to Tito Ortiz at 'The War of '04."

But just look at him now!

"The Predator" abandoned the 185-pound weight class to test his might at welterweight, where he was able to score a judges' nod over Strikeforce import Bobby Voelker at UFC 158 earlier this year in front of a hometown crowd. It was enough to convince the UFC brass to give the Canadian brawler a chance to make something happen in his new division.

Cote gives the 411 to Bleacher Report:

"I just signed a four-fight deal with the UFC. We've talked about my next fight, but nothing is signed, nothing has been decided. They just announced the TUF Canada vs. Australia and everybody has gone crazy on Twitter trying to help me become the coach of Team Canada. I appreciate the support from everybody, maybe it's going to help."

If Cote (19-8) can secure a coaching spot on the next International edition of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), he should have his hands full until the end of 2013.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I say he gets cut after the 2nd fight.

So in other words he got gifted a decision in his last fight and so that qualifies him enough to fill up some Canadian cards until he loses a few fights in a row...gotcha.

I mean, you can definitely make a case for him winning that fight against Voelker. I just thought the 1st 2 rounds were pretty close and he pretty much got owned in the 3rd. Voelker was the overall more effective fighter imo.
    Last edited by dbader08; 05-02-2013 at 03:38 AM.

4. Default

Shall we not forget Alessio dropping a guy who had never been dropped or rocked before and Cote getting a gift win.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Shall we not forget Alessio dropping a guy who had never been dropped or rocked before and Cote getting a gift win.
    Shall we not forget to mention in that fight that there was 3+ illegal blows?

Brutal elbows...I don't remember seeing that kind of grit out of Sakara before that fight.

*Sakara illegal blows analysis - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

8. Default

Like I said that night, 3 blows tops. And that proves it. The elbows that dropped him were legal and the shot that put him out, shots 7, and 8 were legal.

9. Default

Really only one shot. The ref stopped the fight and one was to his back lol

Like I said that night, 3 blows tops. And that proves it. The elbows that dropped him were legal and the shot that put him out, shots 7, and 8 were legal.
    Illegal shots are illegal. Rationalizations are rationalizations.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information