Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Move from Hawaii to San Diego has UFC 162's Chris Leben re-energized

Last time I checked San Diego still has booze, prescription drugs and steroids so I'm inclined to think that we're going to see at least one more story about Leben getting his life back on track.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Is this version 10 or 11 of Chris Leben?
    He's got more versions than Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Me and cat have always been the two biggest leben supporters on this board. I must admit though I've grown quite tired of the same old interviews out of Chris. He looks like shit in a fight or gets popped for something illegal and the next go around its always," that was the best thing that ever happened to me, I'm a new man." Blah blah blah. He needs to own his issues and just fight. I am losing my ability to relate to him because when I rebuilt myself it wasn't just more blah. I actually did it. I hope the best for him but I think he needs to hang up the gloves and actually fix his life. Being a fighter seems to lend to his poor lifestyle choices.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Keep on keepin' on Crippler.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I like Leben.

One of the "old guard" (or at least the 2nd or 3rd generation of "old guards")

Personally, I think with the proper diet and nutrition Chris could make 170.

If Cote can do it... and Lawler can do it... and Maia can do it... then I think Chris could too. And I think it would be awesome to see him at WW.

For one thing... a LONG overdue re-match with Kos would be sweet ass!

Just my two cents.

I like Chris alot and truly believe that a "clean, clear, focused and committed" Leben is a scary thought.

But I think he's still got ALOT of baggage, too much damage to his body for his age and technically hasn't really brought his technical game up to a top UFC-level and I do not think he's necessarily optimized his athletic ability to a premium against the current crop of fighters, plus I think he's not a true middleweight.

Chris looked slow as hell against Brunson and his cardio has never been great, but I heard he was straight going into that fight, had "best camp syndrome" and he still looked poorly, his TDD was ghastly and his punches were so laborious that I just wonder, how much is left?

I root for Leben and hope that the has gotten it right FINALLY, but I wonder how much of this is speed related, as his reflexes are a twitch slow and his cardio isn't where it should be. If he can shed some of his bad technical habits and is clean, he's a terror. As said above, I think he could make WW and Chris has alluded to such in the past.

I just fear Leben's too far into his career to turn the ship around. He's got awesome power, but there's alot of problems....

Whenever I see Leben turn red 15 seconds into the fight, all I can think of is alcohol-induced oxidative stress.

I love Chris Leben dont get me wrong.. but he said the same damn things back when he was "rehabilitated" from his DUI charge/Alcohol use and then something close to it when he got popped for the painkillers. I could care less about his substance abuse, I mean fuck I'm a non-practicing Alcoholic myself and had my fair share of run ins with the law due to it, but I smiled thru the bullshit too y'know?

Hope you really got your shit together this time Chris, I really do. Too much talent too waste like that
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

9. Default

If Chris wants to stay clean he has to stay away from people and places that have it, but he's change places already and hasn't worked. Chris has a tough road ahead of him that will never end until he dies. Will Chris do it I doubt it, but hope I'm wrong

Thread Information