Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diego Sanchez says champ Benson Henderson's title 'there for the taking'

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Bendo/Diego would look like McMann/Gaff, in that, one of the fighters would idiotically charge forward completely oblivious and get posterized by the superior grappler onto their back.

Diego fights dumb and has too many strikes against him(with regard to technique holes and gaps) to ever be regarded as a top tier fighter.
    Poor guy, marijuana ruined his career.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't have Sanchez top 20 at either WW or LW. There is nothing there for him to be taking from anyone, except lessons on refocusing his career.

rh
    To be fair, nobody had Chael Sonnen in the top 50 at lhw, but they made that happen.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

I doubt we'll ever see Diego with a title.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It must be just me but in a weird way i think of Diego a lot like I think of Tito, minus the championship history. Both guys hard tons of heart but when heart alone couldnt win them the fight everything crumbled. Talking about the champions in their respective divisions they have in depth assessments until they start dreaming of their chances.

I would just like to know how he has seemingly stayed just as talented as he was when he came in, with little to no improvement. I'm saying this as a big fan of the "Nightmare Dream" as well, but fuck man he should either really improve his boxing, or really improve his takedowns. Having ground and pound as your best skill is great, if you can get your opponent down.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

diego needs to make 155 before he starts talking about challenging for the 155 belt (again)...

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    I would just like to know how he has seemingly stayed just as talented as he was when he came in, with little to no improvement. I'm saying this as a big fan of the "Nightmare Dream" as well, but fuck man he should either really improve his boxing, or really improve his takedowns. Having ground and pound as your best skill is great, if you can get your opponent down.
    Yea, he came in as an absolute beast, but hasn't really gone anywhere since. Hell i think kenny florian developed better takedowns (and striking) than him.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Yea, he came in as an absolute beast, but hasn't really gone anywhere since. Hell i think kenny florian developed better takedowns (and striking) than him.
    The sport has evolved past Diego Sanchez.

Thread Information