Thread: Meltzer releases rumored cast of TUF 18

Default Meltzer releases rumored cast of TUF 18

Meltzer releases rumored cast of TUF 18 - Mixed Martial Arts News

Dave Meltzer has published a list of 17 female fighters that are reportedly have reportedly made the cut for TUF 18, and will fight in the first episode to make it into the house. Meltzer noted that he cannot vouch for the authenticity of the list, but said it came from a good source. He added that he knew five names of fighters who had made it, and all are on the list.

The list numbers 17, and only 16 women are expected to make it. The discrepancy is possibly due to the inclusion of Tara LaRosa, 35, who Meltzer said he had heard did not make the cut due to age, but was never the less on the list.

TUF will also feature 16 male fighters who will also fight in a single elimination event to make it into the house.

The season, which features female coaches Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano, starts filming in a few weeks.

Marcia Allen
    Shayna Baszler
    Revelina Berto
    Jessamyn Duke
    Ashlee Evans-Smith
    Tonya Evinger
    Gina Mazany
    Peggy Morgan
    Tara LaRosa
    Valerie Letourneau
    Lia Mata’afa
    Roxanne Modafferi
    Julianna Pena
    Raquel Pennington
    Bethany Marshall
    Katie Merrill
    Colleen Schneider
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

There's a HUGE disparity in experience and technical precision among alot of these names and given the limited depth of the division, I think a few of these fighters should be fasttracked to the main roster and allow TUF to be for fighters who aren't ready for primetime. If you take a gander at the names above, there are alot of fighters who have less than three fights and then you have the WMMA pros, this feels like a recipe for horrible mismatches in which you're putting guppies in the pond with piranhas....

Baszler, Evinger, LaRosa, Modafferi- in a gatekeeper role, but still a solid fighter and MAYBE Schneider and Letourneau deserve main roster spots IMO...It especially is kind of a joke when somebody like LaRosa or Baszler is potentially on the show, when Zigano especially, doesn't have anywhere near the rep or experience....

Good to see Roxy in there. Yea, there's a pretty big gap in experience and skills, like you said FG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

4. Default

I sure don't know the female fighters didn't know one. May know some once I see them though.

i agree fed, most only have a handful of fights, and to expect them to compete against the likes of baszler and evinger seems a little lopsided? kind of how i saw it when they did the season of heavyweights that roy won

That is the most fighters I have ever recognized on a list of TUF competitors. Surely there are more women out there so that the name fighters can go ahead and have a spot on the roster.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I'm predicting a ridiculous amount of finishes on this season.

do you guys think larosa actually made it in? or that she was denied cuz of her age as rumoured? and if she was denied for that reason, would that mean they wouldnt just bring her onto the roster? if thats the case, its pretty shitty. she hasnt looked that great lately but imo is still one of the top female fighters out there

Go Modafferi!!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

What happened to Modafferi after she ended LaRosa's win streak? So many losses in a row.

Tara LaRosa, 35, who Meltzer said he had heard did not make the cut due to age....
    WTF?

I think this is really because LaRosa has missed weight TWO fights in a row.

Thread Information