Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blendtec WildSide

Default Blendtec WildSide

I am going to fold and buy one of these.

I have a green smoothie everyday and am tired of the chunks. Now that I know this is habitual and no longer simply something I do every so often, I feel the investment in my health will be sound.

Anyone else have one on their counter?

I simply do not understand, even after owning a VitaMix, why people spend that much money on blenders, tbh.

I have a vitamix. I like it but I don't use it as much as I should I suppose. I find I don't actually like vegetables blended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    I simply do not understand, even after owning a VitaMix, why people spend that much money on blenders, tbh.
    I hate the chunks of kale and ginger from my $20 blender. I make alot of pureed soups aside from my smoothies, so it is something I will use multiple times a day. Also, I make real fruit slushies for the kidlets when it's hot out.

Why spend the money? Mostly because it is an investment in health. Better way to spend money than booze/clubs, imo, which is how most of the people my age spend their money. People spend that much mostly because they can. O.o

There are much worse ways to spend money.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-08-2013 at 12:18 AM.

I have a ninja pro 1100, it works fantastic. I never get any chunks but it is still affordable. I bought mine off of ebay, and it appears they have come down in price Sale of Century Ninja Kitchen System 1100 Watt 72 oz Blender w 40 oz Bowl | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I have a vitamix. I like it but I don't use it as much as I should I suppose. I find I don't actually like vegetables blended.
    Me too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I hate the chunks of kale and ginger from my $20 blender. I make alot of pureed soups aside from my smoothies, so it is something I will use multiple times a day. Also, I make real fruit slushies for the kidlets when it's hot out.

Why spend the money? Mostly because it is an investment in health. Better way to spend money than booze/clubs, imo, which is how most of the people my age spend their money. People spend that much mostly because they can. O.o

There are much worse ways to spend money.
    OK but you can use the 400 dollars to buy like half a years worth of organic produce. I never said spend it on clubs and heroin, lol.

Get a 100 dollar blender, then. Honestly, I've used a 40 dollar Oyster or whatever they are called and no chunks of even dinosaur kale chunks. The thing with blenders is that I do not favor the heat; in juicing we are a bit wary of the centrifugal generated heat and I'm afraid it may be the same thing with high-speed blenders. I've seen some research that stated cold pressed vs regular juicers has up 5-10 times more nutrient consistency. I like to just either lightly saute, for a stir-fry, or just eat the greens raw and "chew my liquids, drink my solids".

But go for it. Sorry, don't mean to convince you otherwise.

Edit: optimusjoel, rep'd. that blender is 70 bucks and I'm certain it works absolutely fine.
    Last edited by TheKidInside; 05-08-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: rep

Heh. I have become tired of chewing my smoothies plus my second blender is dying. I've seen the consistency from a Blendtec from an acquaintance's blender, I was amazed. I know it is costly but to me it's not like it will be a piece of exercise equipment that noone will ever use that sits in the basement. Upgrading something I use everyday is treating myself. =)

"chew my liquids, drink my solids"

Wha?!

basically, since your saliva contains amylase, you gotta chew your juice/smoothie before swallowing for proper digestion. conversely, when you are eating solids you should chew them into liquids.

Seriously snuggles? All the fucking gold I drop on this forum and you rep me saying I like my Vitamix?

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Seriously snuggles? All the fucking gold I drop on this forum and you rep me saying I like my Vitamix?

Thread Information