Thread: Akira Corassani wants Conor McGregor at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston

Default Akira Corassani wants Conor McGregor at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston

Akira Corassani wants Conor McGregor at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston | News

UFC President Dana White wants Irish featherweight Conor McGregor (13-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) to be part of the UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 card in Boston. And one fighter is campaigning for the matchup.

On Sunday "The Ultimate Fighter 14" cast member Akira Corassani (11-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) stated his case for the fight.

The event takes place at Aug. 17 at Boston's TD Garden, and it marks the UFC's debut on the soon-to-debut FOX Sports 1.

"Conor McGregor, I hereby challenge you to fight me on Aug. 17, 2013, on FOX Sports 1 at TD Garden," Corassani said in the embedded video.

McGregor, a former two-division champ for Cage Warriors, splashed on to the UFC scene this past month at UFC on FUEL TV 9. There, the Irishman scored a "Knockout of the Night" bonus after stopping Marcus Brimage and picking up his ninth straight win.

Corassani, meanwhile, has picked up a split-decision victory over Andy Ogle and a unanimous-decision win over Robbie Peralta since his semifinal-round finish on "TUF 14." The Swedish fighter currently fights out of New York and wants a fight near his home.

"I respect you, I respect your team, and I respect the Republic or Ireland," Corassani said to McGregor. "But it's time to do this."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Biting off more that you can chew.

that's notorious all day.
    lemme touch your feet

I want to see Corassani get destroyed. I cant stand that prick.

Thread Information