Thread: Ricardo Mayorga's controversial MMA win overturned to no-contest

1. Default Ricardo Mayorga's controversial MMA win overturned to no-contest

Ricardo Mayorga's controversial MMA win overturned to no-contest - MMA Fighting

The final act of Ricardo Mayorga's bizarre mixed martial arts debut came down over the weekend, when the Nicaraguan MMA commission ruled his bout with Wesley Tiffer a no-contest.

The controversy around the May 3 bout in Managua began the previous day, when Mayorga checked in at 175.9 pounds for a planned lightweight bout.

The match went on as scheduled despite the weight disparity. Then, Mayorga was awarded a controversial TKO win at the end of the second round, after landing a blatantly illegal knee to Tiffer's spine, delivered while Mayorga was stuck in a submission attempt.

Over the weekend, however, Nicaragua MMAC commissioner Zack Asagary announced the bout's result was overturned. He also announced a three-month suspension for Mayorga, which will have little practical effect on his career.

A native of Managua, Mayorga is a former world welterweight and light middleweight boxing champion. He signed to make his MMA debut against Din Thomas in 2010, however, Mayorga's boxing promoter, Don King, got a court injunction to prevent the fight from happening.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

3. Default

Just in case no one has seen it:

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Just in case no one has seen it:

Thanks, I actually hadn't seen it. I want to give the ref the benefit of the doubt and think that he might have thought that it hit the ribs, but man that's dirty. Someone could be seriously injured from a shot like that. A three month suspension seems like a slap on the wrist for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information