Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Dan Cormier and Jon Jones almost came to blows

Default How Dan Cormier and Jon Jones almost came to blows

How Dan Cormier and Jon Jones almost came to blows - Mixed Martial Arts News

Todd Rexx, professional international comedian and owner of the UFC-certified lifestyle clothing brand TrauMMA Combat Apparel recently apeared on the MMARoasted Podcast and detailed an altercation between Jon Jones and Danie Cormier at the MMA Awards in 2011.

At the time we were sponsoring Daniel, so I went to the awards with Daniel… I sat next to Jon Jones through the entire awards, and we talked the whole time, and it seemed like he was really cool and it kinda changed my thoughts on him, for the time being.

Then afterwards, my wife had texted me during the awards to say she got a call from this dude named Lou Dibona, who told her that Jon Jones was leaving the forum, and that there was some sponsorship availability if we were interested.

So in the lobby, I was with Daniel, Daniel took a phone call, and I walked over to Jon who's getting ransacked by people, and I told him that Lou Dibona hit us up about sponsorship and he was like "Don't you sponsor Daniel?"

I was like 'yeah.'

He was like 'I don't want to f--- with nobody who f---s with him.'

And I was like 'really.'

And he was like 'no disrespect to you, man, but if you sponsor Daniel, then I don't want to f--- with you guys.

"And I was like 'wow.'

Daniel was on the phone, he hung up the phone and walked over to me and said 'what did he just say to you?' I was like 'don't worry about it.' and he was like 'no man, he talked s--- didn't he?'And I was like 'well, yah.'
    And he was like 'what did he say?'
    And I was like 'don't worry about it man. Let's get something to eat.'
    And he was like 'no man, if someone talks shit about you, I tell you.'
    So I said 'he told me he doesn't want to f--- with TrauMMA because we sponsor you.'
    And he was like 'he said that?'
    And I was like 'yah.'
    And he walked away.
    And I was like 'dude, don't go start s---.
    And he was like half way there and he said 'dude, did he really say that?'
    And I was like 'Yah he did.'

So at that point Jon Jones and Malki Kawa are getting into a limo, and Daniel walked outside and grabbed Jon by the arm, and spun him around and was like 'dude, you got f------ problem with me?'
    And I was like 'oh my God.'
    So they are facing off
    Jon said 'Yo, I think that you, King Mo, and Rashad Evans, ya'll full of yourselves.' He just talked s--- about Daniel.
    They were like in each other's face.
    Daniel was like 'mother f----- you don't know anything about me. I'm a grown ass man. This all started when you claimed to be this wrestling aficionado, and when you met me, you didn't know who I was. Motherf----- you knew who I was. I knew every wrestler when I was coming up.'
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Most interesting. This does shed some light on the topic of why Cormier seems to have a hard-on for Jones. I'm not sure they'll ever fight, but interesting to know that their beef is more than just a professional conflict.

The only fight I would root for DC in.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Im calling bullshit
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like
    That shit gave me a tumor

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is possible for two grown men to dislike each other. Some times people on here go so far out of their way to say that "they are probably really friends and they are just promoting the fight" that they forget that these men may sometimes legitimately despise each other. I mean it is a combat sport, some of these guy do have a chip on their shoulder.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

I think Mr. Jones has an issue with every guy who came into MMA with more "Fame" or credentials than him and he's used it as a chip on his shoulder which has served him well.

Personally, I could care less about their personal beefs. I simply love watching good fights.

If DC wants to beat Jones, though he will have to really start mixing up his attacks and bring a wide range of offense to the table as Jones will always do so.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like

He was like

I was like
    And then I was like, this argument is fucking gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Jon said 'Yo, I think that you, King Mo, and Rashad Evans, ya'll full of yourselves.' He just talked s--- about Daniel.

Thread Information