+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rousey makes 50 Women Changing the World list

Default Rousey makes 50 Women Changing the World list

Rousey makes 50 Women Changing the World list - Mixed Martial Arts News

Business Insider magazine recently published a list of 50 women worldwide who are changing the world. UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey made the list at #42, ahead of Margaret Thatcher (RIP) and Sara Blakely, the world's youngest self-made billionaire in the world. Notables appearing ahead of Rousey include Hillary Clinton, and at #14 the anonymous first female head of the CIA’s Clandestine Service.

#42 Ronda Rousey

Thanks to martial arts fighter Ronda Rousey, women now fight in the UFC.

The trash-talking Olympian qualified for the Athens games when she was only 17, and was the youngest judo competitor enlisted. In 2006, she became the first U.S. female athlete in nearly 10 years to win an A-Level tournament when she took home the gold metal at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain.

She also graced the cover of ESPN's body issue last year.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The thing is Megumi Fujii was the top ranked Women p4p for the longest time but she was fighting in Japan and went unnoticed globally.

Gina Carano and Cyborg carried SF when they introduced WMMA in North America. Problem was that SF marketing team is nothing like the UFC marketing team.

By the time UFC acquired SF, Gina was gone and UFC didnt wanna market Cyborg cause she wasn't a pretty face as compared to Rousey.

Point is, there were women who were carrying WMMA before Rousey but just not gonna get the credit for it cause they aren't talking their way into fame.

"Change the world"?? Those are huge words, and as far as I know, the fact that now some women fight in the UFC has not changed the world at all.

Change the world, hahaha, yeah sure. I bet that 90% of the world have no idea of who is Ronda Rousey.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    "Change the world"?? Those are huge words, and as far as I know, the fact that now some women fight in the UFC has not changed the world at all.

Change the world, hahaha, yeah sure. I bet that 90% of the world have no idea of who is Ronda Rousey.
    Know her or not,she gets the credit for drawing attention to WMMA and convincing Zuffa to bring in a woman's division in the UFC,which is changing the world, even in a unique niche.

Also, I bet u dont know 90% of the women on that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Her first ufc fight she easily broke the record for the highest generating ppv headlined by a women. She belongs on this list.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    The thing is Megumi Fujii was the top ranked Women p4p for the longest time but she was fighting in Japan and went unnoticed globally.

Gina Carano and Cyborg carried SF when they introduced WMMA in North America. Problem was that SF marketing team is nothing like the UFC marketing team.

By the time UFC acquired SF, Gina was gone and UFC didnt wanna market Cyborg cause she wasn't a pretty face as compared to Rousey.

Point is, there were women who were carrying WMMA before Rousey but just not gonna get the credit for it cause they aren't talking their way into fame.
    Carano and Cyborg weren't as good for the sport as Rousey is. Carano was obviously just chasing the biggest payday she could, since she was making huge money with EliteXC on CBS and still ditched for movies. Cyborg was always seriously suspected of using steroids for years and then she failed a test, so you can't build a credible sport around her. Rousey, on the other hand, is a life long martial artist who dedicates herself to the sport, and also happens to have the looks and personality to grab people's attention. That's why she took the sport to higher places than any of the girls before her.

7. Default

Right place right time. Gina may of been able to do it , but she doesn't have the credentials Rousey has. Having a gold metal and her mouth is hard to beat

Wasn't as pretty? lmao she's a freaking fake(cheat)!!! might have something to do with it???

Changed the world is a little extreme. Changed the angle of... You know what... Never mind. Give her the credit, she had the total package and great timing. Good for her.

10. Default

promoting WMMA does not equal changing the wprld...

no where close to it.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information