Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rousey makes 50 Women Changing the World list

1. Default

yawn. To rate her over Margaret Thatcher in a list of women who changed the world should tell you exactly how shallow and pointless this article is. God Im looking foreword to 5 years down the road when we dont even hear about Rousey anymore.

Changed the world? Maybe changed a part of the sporting world, but i don't see how she has affected anything but a minute portion of the actual world.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    promoting WMMA does not equal changing the wprld...

no where close to it.
    The point of Business Insider magazine is to sell copies of Business Insider magazine. Accuracy is an occasional side effect, but certainly not standard.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

By change the world, I think they meant:

Is attractive, willing to take clothes off , got Dana White "excited" ... easiest way to get constant contact with her was to add female mma to the UFC despite prior to that saying the talent pool was too shallow

Last edited by VimyRidge; 05-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    yawn. To rate her over Margaret Thatcher in a list of women who changed the world should tell you exactly how shallow and pointless this article is. God Im looking foreword to 5 years down the road when we dont even hear about Rousey anymore.
    It's changing the world. Considering the only thing Thatcher is doing right now is decomposing, maybe scratching at the lid of her coffin and gasping for air, I would it is fair.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

What a crock of shit.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-07-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    It's changing the world. Considering the only thing Thatcher is doing right now is decomposing, maybe scratching at the lid of her coffin and gasping for air, I would it is fair.
    This is pretty classless to me.

As for this topic, does the woman from Tunisia who posted topless pics of herself on Facebook to bring attention to women in Middle Eastern countries, then was kidnapped by family members and beaten make this list? How about the girl from (I can't remember where and can't look it up right now) who was shot in the head for wanting to go to school and lived? Those are world changing women, not Rousey.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

How much did the Fertittas pay to get her in this article?

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    This is pretty classless to me.

As for this topic, does the woman from Tunisia who posted topless pics of herself on Facebook to bring attention to women in Middle Eastern countries, then was kidnapped by family members and beaten make this list? How about the girl from (I can't remember where and can't look it up right now) who was shot in the head for wanting to go to school and lived? Those are world changing women, not Rousey.
    Just asking because I am unfamilair with both those stories. What was the backlash to those stories? Did anything significant occur from them? I am not questioning their sacrifice, courage or the importance of what they trying to do, but if the chick got shot and it was just swept under the rug like events like that usually are in far less developed countries she really doesn't deserve to on this list.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Just asking because I am unfamilair with both those stories. What was the backlash to those stories? Did anything significant occur from them? I am not questioning their sacrifice, courage or the importance of what they trying to do, but if the chick got shot and it was just swept under the rug like events like that usually are in far less developed countries she really doesn't deserve to on this list.
    Documentary tells the story of Pakistani girl shot by Taliban - The Globe and Mail

Malala's victory symbolizes the worldwide struggle of Muslim women - The Globe and Mail

There was a lot of impact and not swept under the rug. Backlash (as it were) of Malala going to school was being shot in the head...the girl that bared her breasts as I have said already was kidnapped and beaten by her own family member. Also just because something was swept under the rug in N. 'Merica does not mean it isn't a world changing event. This is far more important that Rousey being part of professional fighting. There's a lot of women. This kills me to say but Danica Patrick is the first women to ever drive in NASCAR's top level but perhaps nothing there? Does that really change the world? Not so much.

Here is part of the information about the woman called Amina who did the facebook stuff.

Femen bares its breasts in support of Tunisian woman | euronews, world news
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Thread Information