Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockhold "p---ed off" that Belfort gets TRT in Brazil

Default Rockhold "p---ed off" that Belfort gets TRT in Brazil

Rockhold "p---ed off" that Belfort gets TRT in Brazil - Fighters Only

Luke Rockhold has called for overseas athletic commissions to refuse TRT exemptions to fighters who have previously tested positive for steroid use. In the US, athletic commissions generally won’t give a TRT exemption to a fighter who has failed a steroid test in the past.

This is because one side effect of prolonged steroid use can be reduced capacity to produce testosterone naturally, and the US athletic commissions do not believe it is ethical to allow TRT exemptions to people who have damaged their own testosterone-making ability by cheating.

But that isn’t the case overseas. A case in point is Brazil, where Vitor Belfort seems to be spending the rest of his career due to being unable to get a TRT exemption in the US.

“They're letting him fight in Brazil and use TRT when Nevada doesn't let him. So who knows what's going on?” Rockhold fumed in an appearance on MMA Junkie Radio.

“It pisses me off a little bit that [Brazil] is the only place that he's fighting, and I think he needs to be dealt with. I'm excited about going to Brazil. I've got a free trip. I get to get paid, and I get to kick someone's ass."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It would be awesome if Rockhold won. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, not sure on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

That is bullshit, but I hope Luke doesn't take Vitor lightly.

Vitor on TRT is the 2nd best 185lber in the world. Rockhold has a right to be pissed.

I'd be PO'd too if I was fighting a caught juicer who was being given a testosterone exemption.

Personally, I think Rockhold is being incredibly overlooked in this matchup. IMO Rockhold is the far superior athlete and cuts a furious pace which I think can drag Vitor into cardiocrushing territory and that never seems to go well for Vitor.

I see Rockhold walking into this fight with APPLYING PRESSURE being his #1 priority and I think he can eventually get takedowns and just press, press, press the pace to Vitor, work periphery kickboxing to set up his shots or to tie Vitor up on the cage, with 100% awareness of his footwork and cognition to not get backed-up.

Rockhold fights smart and I don't see him making mistakes that would give Vitor needless looks, which means Vitor is going to have to put himself out there(or at least be readied to pounce and counter, which could catch him flatfooted) and in doing so, I see him leaving himself open for takedowns, which overtime should be draining.

This is going to be a great fight and I've got Rockhold via UD. All things considered, Vitor's age, wear, cardio and mental state are areas I believe Rockhold can exploit in the fight to his advantage.

Its absolute bullshit that a known juicer is getting a TRT exemption, but w/e you signed the contract knowing that he uses TRT and has juiced in the past.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I agree that pressure and wearing Vitor down should be Rockhold's plan. He is the better athlete and his chances of finishing Vitor are slim to none. Vitor should be well aware of this. This fight is not much different than the Bisping fight, IMO. If Vitor is going to win, he needs to finish it in the first three rounds or he may lose a decision if he lets Rockhold have his way with him.

Adding to the fact that this fight is in Brazil and Vitor is on TRT, I am going with a Vitor KO.

Vitor is at -105 on Bovada, btw.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

hope Luke ends it with a face kick.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Its absolute bullshit that a known juicer is getting a TRT exemption, but w/e you signed the contract knowing that he uses TRT and has juiced in the past.
    Luke comes off whiney lately, but to be fair, at the time of the bout agreement, didn't dana say something like "We'll be testing the fucking shit out of these guys!"

Yeah. That...didn't...happen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'd be PO'd too if I was fighting a caught juicer who was being given a testosterone exemption...Personally, I think Rockhold is being incredibly overlooked in this matchup. ...
    I'm going with you on this.

I think Rockhold is going to be well prepared for this fight knowing that he needs to make a statement. He has better movement and angles and he'll be able to work a pace to favor him and drain Belfort. Rockhold has to worry about staying out of Belfort's stragithblast, I just don't believe Belfort could repeat that head kick he landed on Bisping.

I'll be an official fan of Rockhold if he can put Belfort away via sub or KO just as long as there's a beat down.

Thread Information