+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt denied boarding on US-bound flights due to visa issues, recent arrest

Default Mark Hunt denied boarding on US-bound flights due to visa issues, recent arrest

Tweets of the day: Mark Hunt denied boarding on US-bound flights due to visa issues, recent arrest
    By Tim Burke on May 9 2013, 11:53a

Mark Hunt has been unable to fly to the US to prepare for his upcoming UFC 160 bout with Junior dos Santos. He has been keeping a running commentary on twitter as to the reasons why, which involve visa issues and a recent arrest.

Mark Hunt has had a lot of things go right for him over the past couple of years. A four-fight winning streak has him in what amounts to a number one contender bout with Junior dos Santos at UFC 160 on May 25th. But Hunt's luck hasn't been so good over the past few days - he has been unable to fly to the US to start preparing for the bout, being denied entry onto two different flights for two very different reasons and ending up stuck in New Zealand. Hunt has been keeping a running commentary of his issues on twitter, and the reason he was denied entry on the first flight was apparently because he didn't have a visa:

Tweets of the day: Mark Hunt denied boarding on US-bound flights due to visa issues, recent arrest - Bloody Elbow
    Hit the link for the whole article with various tweets. Should be interesting.

Oh shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Gentlemen, we might need to commandeer a plane or a boat.

I'm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I sure hope this fight happens.. UFC has gotta be able to pull some strings or a black op snatching..

But Mark seems to need to learn about acceptance of responsibility. A grown ass man does not get arrested because of someone else, Mark got himself arrested.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Maybe DC is ready to go?
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

7. Default

That would be nice get him over here, but our luck they'd arrest him at the weigh inns with over 100 ilegal immagrates watching in the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Maybe DC is ready to go?
    While I'd be sad about not seeing Hunt in action, I'd actually really dig that replacement.

Uh Oh....Not good.. But DC would be a great replacement, but to short notice DC is smarter than that.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I'm not sure.

I'm sure they trained exhaustively for JDS when Cain fought him.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information