Thread: Leonard Garcia joins Legacy Fighting

Default Leonard Garcia joins Legacy Fighting

Former UFC veteran Leonard Garcia is headed to Legacy Fighting. He will face Rey Trujillo at Legacy FC 21 on July 19th in Houston.

Leonard Garcia joins Legacy Fighting - MMA Fighting

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

2. Default

A drop in comptition should help him get a win streak going

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    A drop in comptition should help him get a win streak going
    Yeah, I think it'll be good for his career. While he always comes out fighting like he couldn't care less about how the judges might score it, a few finishes or even decisions that go his way could do a lot for his confidence. It'll also allow Garcia and his team some time to really look at the holes in his game and patch them over as best they can.

Unfortunately for Garcia, MMA is in a state now where whilst wild guys like Garcia, Wanderlei, and Leben will always have a punchers chance in any fight (and if they're fighting a guy who likes to stand and trade the probability of them winning increases), trainers know of so many tried-and-tested gameplans to defeat this style, and it's really just a matter of how well the opponent can implement the gameplan. By definition wild fighters lack crisp technique (or lack the will to use it), and there are simply too many opportunities for the opponent to capitalise on.

Unfortunately for us, the fans, I think Leonard needs to tone down his aggression and... eugh, it pains me to say this... but he needs to fight more like a typical Jackson fighter.

He insists on keeping fights standing when possible and is limiting his ways to win in doing so. I'd like to see him mix it up more, and be more dynamic and unpredictable. It can only make his fights even more exciting.
    Last edited by Dan; 05-12-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Good for him. A few winnable fights combined with the change of camp could lead him back to the UFC at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The UFC would love a good reason to have him back.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

7. Default

I think they call those who contacted Garcia FEELERS. If Garcia or who ever shows no interest in Belator than there rep leaves them alone. They don't want any more bad rep at this time while in court.

Thread Information