+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Josh Thomson Addresses Nate Diaz Directly in Latest INterview

Default Josh Thomson Addresses Nate Diaz Directly in Latest INterview

Josh Thomson Addresses Nate Diaz Directly in Lates Interview: " We can fight again but you didn't make weight the first time"

Nate Diaz made waves in the MMA community following his recent appearance on BJPenn.com Radio as he made several accusations towards the man who had just finished him inside the octagon, Josh Thomson. Diaz claimed Thomson made feminine noises while they fought, and that Thomson ran throughout the fight because he was, ía guy whoís running scared shitless for his life.í While Diaz is rallying for a rematch with Thomson now and the interview has gotten plenty of publicity, Josh Thomson decided to come out with some pretty serious accusations of his own.

Thomson was featured on the latest episode of BJPenn.com Radio where he dropped this bomb on George and Pedro, Josh stated, ďI think the biggest thing is this; he is interested in a rematch with me, one thing he needs to remember before the fight even happened, he was complaining after weigh inís about how he was moving back up to 170, so he couldnít even make weight when we fought the first time. Nate knows this.Ē Stop the presses! Diaz never made weight? That is quite the accusation indeed!

Thomson went on to address Diaz directly stating, ďI am going to say this directly to him; Nate, you didnít make the weight, so how are you going to make the weight when we fight again? Thatís the thing thatís discerning, we all let it slide because it was a huge fight, but you didnít make the weight and you still lost. So unless you plan on fighting me a 170 then Iím not really interested. Like I said, Iím looking forward to the title shot, Iím looking forward to getting in there for the title. If I have to go through him again to do it, then so be it, maybe you should start watching what you eat, maybe you should start doing that to take care of yourself. You couldnít make the weight the first time and that was something I was going to keep to myself, but you want to start talking trash? Saying all these things, knowing that I beat you fair and square, I guess next time weíll take 20% of your purse if you donít make weight.Ē

ďItís an issue I could have brought up and made a big deal about but I didnít do it because thatís not the kind of person I am. I could have made a big fuss and taken it, rubbed some salt in the wound and taken 20% percent of your purse after you lost, but I didnít Thatís the kind of person I am, I moved on and I suggest you do the same thing.Ē
    Read more at Exclusive | Josh Thomson Addresses Nate Diaz Directly In Latest Interview: ‘We can fight again, but you didn’t make weight the first time’ | BJPENN.COM RADIO MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Exclusive | Josh Thomson Addresses Nate Diaz Directly In Latest Interview: ‘We can fight again, but you didn’t make weight the first time’ | BJPENN.COM RADIO MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

they used Canada's rule of if we really want the fight to happen we dont care what weight you come in at. Nate was 156.5LBS If i rember right and there did not seem to make him re weigh in

3. Default

The weight issue shouldn't be up to Thomson the commission should of handled that. For christ sake thats what there their for to enforce the rules, and weight is one for them to cover.
    Now if Thomson still wanted to take the fight ya thats his choice

The reason Nate lost this fight is because he chased Thomson around and wasn't careful enough of incoming counter attacks. Simple solution: Train with good thai fighters and aquire some brutal kick checks.

5. Default

Thomson is just a better overall fighter than Nate. Nate might be better at certain aspects, but the summation of Thomson's skill set is greater than Nate Diaz's. But Nate is still young. If he changes his training camp (either bring in new training partners/coaches or join a different gym entirely), he could still round out his game and improve as a fighter.
    ------------------

He is probably just scared of Nate, hurting his foot off of Nate's skull can be some terrifying stuff.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Thomson is just a better overall fighter than Nate. Nate might be better at certain aspects, but the summation of Thomson's skill set is greater than Nate Diaz's. But Nate is still young. If he changes his training camp (either bring in new training partners/coaches or join a different gym entirely), he could still round out his game and improve as a fighter.

Thompson is often underestimated.

I hope Nate is able to round out his game with new management and they encourage him to expand his training scope.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information