+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White: 'Hunt proved everyone wrong' to become 'one of the greatest stories in sports

I still wish there was more time between his last fight and fighting JDS. He was on his way to being in much better shape before the injury and now I don't think there will be the time, especially with all these travel issues.

I agree the first round shows JDS striking and using takedowns. But after that, it can be anything he wants. I don't think Hunt will have the gastank to go into the second. Which makes me sad because I'm a huge fan and pulling for him to get the title shot
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I just have to ask, what makes anyone think JDS will go for the TD?

I don't think JDS will go for the TD. I think he'll beat Hunt on the feet.

That said, I hope Hunt wins.

5. Default

JDS will have to rock Hunt real early to keep it on the feet or JDS deservers to lose.

The ground is Hunts weakest part and striking is his strongest.
    Not saying JDS can't hang with Hunt striking just it's a fools move is my thought.
    Ask Struve how hard he hits but you may need to wait to understand what he's saying.

Hunt has cement blocks for hands, all it takes is one good shot and JDS could very well go to sleep. And it doesn't hurt that Hunts head is as hard as a fire hydrant.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    You a wanna be troller or 1+1=2
    Not trolling. Just don't believe JDS will change his game regardless of his ground skills. He's a striker at heart and like the liddells and Arlovskis before him, I see no evidence that he will take it there. Not so much 1+1 imo. Not that it isn't the smart strategy, I just don't see it playing out that way.

I root for JDS in this fight, but I hope that Hunt keeps winning after this fight.
    He is a monster in the stand up, I do not see anyone in MMA oustriking him, and he is improving a lot in the ground game. It is a shame that he is not younger, but indeed he is a great story of the sport.

I do not know what exactly happened to him from 2006 to 2010 where he lost 6 fights in row, and even got KOd in 18 seconds.
    He fought very good fighters (except McCorkle), but the problem is not that he lost, but how easily he lost.
    He did a good effort against Fedor, but everybody else defeated him in 1 minute.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    I just have to ask, what makes anyone think JDS will go for the TD?
    JDS went for takedowns against carwin. If he did that to carwin, i have to assume he will try that against someone with hunts power and striking.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information