Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lytle willing to come out of retirement for short notice fight

Default Lytle willing to come out of retirement for short notice fight

Lytle willing to come out of retirement for short notice fight - Mixed Martial Arts News

However, Lytle isn't necessarily retired and would be open to fight under the right circumstance:

"I can't say it's always closed. I've made this comment to them before, I said, ‘hey man, I'm not willing to put in eight weeks of training but if you called me and said, hey, I have this possible fight Chris. Somebody backed out and we need you in a week. We need you in five days, we need you here. I could take it.

There's a couple guys I do want to fight on short notice because I wouldn't have to spend all that time away from my family and, like I said, I'm still training some, I still feel like I'm in good shape right now. And as veteran I know how to condition myself to where I could last three rounds. So, you never know. If you have something last minute, let me know.

That's the only way I could see it. If it was like two weeks before a fight or something, but you give me two months I don't think I could...I mean, I can't say never. There is a couple possibilities if they said, if Dana or somebody came to me and said, hey Chris, I would really like you to do this, take this certain fight for one reason. I'd say ok, I can do one but I'm not planning on coming back long term. I could do something possibly but I definitely don't see that happening but you never can tell."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Ran into him at the Pacers' game the other night.. Good on him for still wanting to leave the door open for competition but doesnt want to miss the time away from home.

Wish guys wouldnt ever get old and had all the time in the world.
    Family < All
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

3. Default

The bug has bitten him he miss's the rush. Next time we hear from him the time he'd spend away will get longer. If he does get the call hope it's the Chris we knew that comes back not just a thrill and a payday

He shouldn't. He left in such a perfect way. Choking out Dan Hardy after having a tremendous fight. Walking away with 2 FOTN bonuses and a new Harley. There's no topping that, since he will never get a title shot.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    He shouldn't. He left in such a perfect way. Choking out Dan Hardy after having a tremendous fight. Walking away with 2 FOTN bonuses and a new Harley. There's no topping that, since he will never get a title shot.
    Agree completely. Not to mention that he was already a bit punch drunk. Would like to see him both spending time with the family and having his full faculties as he does so. All the best to Chris, but I don't want to see him fighting again.

I am gonna go ahead and say that I hope to see him compete again. As long as he can still put on exciting and competitive fights I say go for it. I would love to see him get a do over with ebersole. By the way where is ebersole? Thought he was gonna be at 155. How about Lyle fight someone near his age.

Hard to take the fight out of some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I would love to see him get a do over with ebersole. By the way where is ebersole?
    Hasnt fought since last July when he lost to James Head at UFC 149.. havent heard anything else from him or about him really. Under the radar he flies..
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Hasnt fought since last July when he lost to James Head at UFC 149.. havent heard anything else from him or about him really. Under the radar he flies..
    A rematch with Ebersole would be awesome, but the last thing I remember hearing about him is that he was contemplating a drop to lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I guess most fighters just have to leave after bad losses and disappointment instead of glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I guess most fighters just have to leave after bad losses and disappointment instead of glory.
    I think a lot of great competitors always believe they can win. The mind is there but the body fails.

Thread Information