Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *MMANews FORUMS Rankings - May 12, 2013*

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    How is an entirely inactive Munoz ranked 5th? 1 fight in 18 months and it was a loss.

Is it because you don't want to put Bisping in the top 5? Haha!
    It's because MW sucks to rank. And if Sonnen hadn't moved up to LWH, Munoz would get bumped to 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    It's because MW sucks to rank. And if Sonnen hadn't moved up to LWH, Munoz would get bumped to 6
    Yeah, but how is he above the rest of the pack still?

His previous highest ranked wins are Maia and Leben, although Maia was ranked 3 at the time... is it then based on which fighters you guys think he can beat? I suppose it will be settled when he fights Boetsch in July, but it seems to me he is being overranked for the time being.

Just for fun, I'll toss out my view of the MW picture. Even though Rivet tells me opinion doesn't matter. :'(

1. Silva
    2. Belfort
    3. Weidman
    4. Okami
    5. Bisping
    6. Jacare
    7. Rockhold
    8. Phillipou
    9. Boetsch
    10. Munoz
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-29-2013 at 04:06 PM.

His previous highest ranked wins are Maia and Leben, although Maia was ranked 3 at the time... is it then based on which fighters you guys think he can beat? I suppose it will be settled when he fights Boetsch in July, but it seems to me he is being overranked for the time being.
    Half of MW is overranked. Everybody who isn't Anderson is potentially overranked. I'm betting if Anderson beats Weidman convincingly, you'll see him drop to the fringes of top 5, with just one loss.

I can't speak for the committee, as they were smart enough to not want my input...but I have Munoz as top 5 based on his win over Maia when Demian was top 3. That's a better win than Bisping has, than Rockhold has, than Lombard or Jacare have. He only recent losses are to Okami [a perennial top 5] and Weidman, the current #1 contender.

Obviously the next bout with Boetsch tells a lot.

Just for fun, I'll toss out my view of the MW picture. Even though Rivet tells me opinion doesn't matter.
    None of our opinions matter. that's why it's the interweb. But the context was that I wasn't trying to convince you that you were wrong about whatever it was we were talking about...I was simply trying to explain my own perspective. How that perspective is received is entirely irrelevant.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Just for fun, I'll toss out my view of the MW picture. Even though Rivet tells me opinion doesn't matter. :'(

1. Silva
    2. Belfort
    3. Weidman
    4. Okami
    5. Bisping
    6. Jacare
    7. Rockhold
    8. Phillipou
    9. Boetsch
    10. Munoz
    I'd switch spots with Rockhold and Munoz, but even then I don't have a problem with those rankings. The problem is after #4, they're all interchangeable. Fuck MW rankings. I hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Where do you draw the line on inactivity though? Like I said it has been 18 months since his last win.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    None of our opinions matter. that's why it's the interweb. But the context was that I wasn't trying to convince you that you were wrong about whatever it was we were talking about...I was simply trying to explain my own perspective. How that perspective is received is entirely irrelevant.

rh
    I'm just takin' the piss, buddy. Don't worry your pretty little head.

Where do you draw the line on inactivity though? Like I said it has been 18 months since his last win.
    18 months since a fight drops a fighter out of the rankings entirely. The loss to Weidman isn't that bad, as Chris is the #1 contender.

I'm just takin' the piss, buddy. Don't worry your pretty little head.
    I don't worry about anything, certainly not the interweb.

My head...is less than pretty.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Actually, looking at the date of posting this looks about rite.

Maybe the best ranking system ive seen.

So who's in charge of updating these outdated rankings?

Thread Information