Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 8/17 in Boston

Default Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 8/17 in Boston

Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson 8/17 in Boston - Mixed Martial Arts News

MMAWeekly is reporting that Joe Lauzon will be fighting Michael Johnson at the first ever UFC on FOX Sports event, August 17, at the TD Gardens in Boston.

A Boston native, Lauzon is coming off a 'Fight of the Night' performance vs. Jim Miller late in 2012 in which he lost a unanimous decision.

TUF 12 runner up Johnson is 4-4 in the UFC, and is coming off successive losses to Myles Jury and Reza Madadi. He is in all likelihood fighting for his livelihood.

The UFC has not yet announced a main event for the card, but it is believed to have:
    Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown
    Conor McGregor vs. TBA
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't see this fight making a whole lot of sense. That is of course, unless they just want J-Lau to get an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

johnson was looking decent and always improving up until his little skid... should be a nice win for Louzon in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I don't see this fight making a whole lot of sense. That is of course, unless they just want J-Lau to get an easy win.
    Was thinking the same thing. Almost feels like an easy way to cut Johnson...

Joe's one for his last two, losing to Jim Miller. Michael is 0 for his last two against substantially weaker competition.

Joe should take fairly easily, I don't give Johnson long on the ground. He's been evolving well in every area, but J-Lau is still lightyears ahead of him in the jits department.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

6. Default

Gotta agree easier win for Joe and to bad Johnson looks like your days are numbered

We all know how much Dana likes Lauzon. It's no secret that he wants to keep him around for a long time. I think the real question here is what did Johnson do to piss Dana off? haha

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Was thinking the same thing. Almost feels like an easy way to cut Johnson...

Joe's one for his last two, losing to Jim Miller. Michael is 0 for his last two against substantially weaker competition.
    I wouldnt say either Jury or Madadi were weaker competition. Both guys controlled Johnson throughout the entire fight, except Madadi who had the shit kicked out of him but managed to survive. But seeing how both guys did whatever they wanted to Johnson on the ground proved that Johnson IS the weaker competition.

This is easy payday win for Joe.

I'm hoping I can make the trip out from NY to Boston for this event. Anybody here local doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    I wouldnt say either Jury or Madadi were weaker competition. Both guys controlled Johnson throughout the entire fight, except Madadi who had the shit kicked out of him but managed to survive. But seeing how both guys did whatever they wanted to Johnson on the ground proved that Johnson IS the weaker competition.

This is easy payday win for Joe.

I'm hoping I can make the trip out from NY to Boston for this event. Anybody here local doing the same?
    I meant weaker as in a lower level of competition and compared to what Lauzon has been fighting.

Point is, this is a HUGE step up in competition for Johnson despite him coming off two losses. It just doesn't make sense.

I meant weaker as in a lower level of competition and compared to what Lauzon has been fighting.

Point is, this is a HUGE step up in competition for Johnson despite him coming off two losses. It just doesn't make sense.
    Oh ok, I gotcha now.

The ranking between Lauzon and Johnson is such wide gap. I dunno how or why Johnson is being awarded (or possibly punished) by getting stronger competition consecutive fights.

I think the UFC is figuring out who are UFC caliber fighters and who aren't at this point. Take out the guys who won't survive and replace them with fresh talent and give them a chance.

Thread Information