Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weidman: Silva is no super hero

Default Weidman: Silva is no super hero

Weidman: Silva is no super hero - Mixed Martial Arts News

Although watching him fight in the cage, Anderson Silva might lead you to believe that he is indeed a super hero, next opponent Chris Weidman knows better thank to think that way:

“You have to treat him like just another opponent,” Weidman told Yahoo! Sports. “You respect what he’s done in this sport. Of course you do. But you can’t get caught up in it.

“Guess what? He’s a person just like I am, he’s got two arms, two legs, two eyes, like I do. I’m not fighting a superhero, I’m fighting another person, and it’s my job to defeat him. Simple as that.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

yeah good luck with that Chris.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

You are wrong sir
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

4. Default

Chris beats Anderson by tko in RD 2
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Chris beats Anderson by tko in RD 2
    I like this fight, but the only way it gets to Rd 2 in my opinion is if Chris can get it to the ground. If not, Anderson wins in the first. I have watched Chris' highlights and man, I just don't see him winning this one. Anderson is too accurate with too much power for Chris to be coming in like he has on his other opponents. If Anderson keeps it standing, Weidman gets destroyed. All my opinion obviously

With that being said, if anyone is going to beat Anderson, I would want it to be Chris. I like his attitude and style
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I would like to see Chris win, but it's not going to happen. I can already hear Weidman's post fight interview. "He's not human. His reaction and timing are ridiculous and I guess that's why he's the champ. Yeah, he's a lot better than I thought he was. He's inhuman...etcetera."

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Don't worry Chris. If you win these fellas will think of you as Superman...

Legalize MMA in New York

I've seen a few of Weidman's fights and while he seems very solid, I just think Anderson is on another level compared to the rest of the MW division. I give Weidman a chance but I'm going with Anderson. The only other guy that comes to mind that could beat Anderson imo is Belfort (even though he lost to Anderson) as I think he would have a chance to catch Anderson.

Brown Pride

Anderson looks super human against slow guys. He looks like a really good human against not so slow guys. He will look very human against a wrestler with good speed and movement. Is Weidman that guy? Maybe, I hope so, but who knows.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

If Chris just sticks to the blueprint Chael laid in the 1st fight with AS there is no doubt in my mind he is the next MW champ.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information