Thread: Caraway awarded Healy's $65,000 bonus

Default Caraway awarded Healy's $65,000 bonus

Caraway awarded Healy's $65,000 bonus - Mixed Martial Arts News

Today UFC President Dana White confirmed that Pat Healy indeed would not receive his two $65,000 bonuses for fight of the night and submission of the night at UFC 159 because he tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

Also, his submission of the night bonus would now be awarded to Brian Caraway who also an impressive submission over of Johnny Beford with :16 seconds to spare in the fight.

@_Royy it's known up front that checks are held until everyone passes the drug test. Brian Caraway get the SON now. Healy did himself dirty.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This is going to hurt Healy alot he has list all kinds of cash on this one.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

why does the ufc do shit like this.. if it was steroids i could understand but it's just weed. the common person can understand that weed does not help you in anyway. it would be like them stripping Ben Henderson for fighting with a toothpick in his mouth because that's cheating..

4. Default

Did it to himself
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

$130,000+ gone all because he wanted to get high. Harsh lesson to learn but if he wants to keep his money he has to play by the rules. Even if you dont agree with the rules you should still play by them unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences.

UFC 159's Bryan Caraway ecstatic with new bonus, blasts marijuana usage in MMA | News

"All I've got to say is that's some expensive weed," he said. "I like Healy a lot. I came up through the fighting ranks with him. We used to train together at Team Quest. I love the guy. But I have absolutely zero remorse or guilt.

"I hate weed. I cannot stand it. I've never tried it. I've never smoked a drug in my life. So I have absolutely zero tolerance for people that do it. I don't care if it's legal in some places or not. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Whether it's legal in real life or not, they tell you to follow the rules. You need to follow the rules."

Caraway invested and bought a Corvette with his UFC 149 bonus money, but this time around, he said he will save the money for a down payment on a house.

The 28-year-old hasn't always been favored by MMA fans, who've taken jabs at him and his relationship with girlfriend and fellow UFC fighter Miesha Tate. He was blasted for threatening on Twitter to break the arm of UFC champ (and Tate rival) Ronda Rousey when she said she could beat him up. But as of late, his fortunes seem to be changing.

The call to fight at UFC 159 came five days before the event when an injury forced Erik Perez to withdraw. Caraway cut in excess of 20 pounds to make the bantamweight limit and said afterward that he will never cut that much again.

But now, it's clear he made the right choice.

"It was the best five-day decision I've ever made," Caraway said. "There's going to be haters in this sport, but I know I'm a genuinely good person, and I know that's eventually going to shine through. People are going to start seeing my character and that I'm a tough dude. It does feel good to get recognition. It's welcoming."

As for when he fights next, Caraway said he's strongly considering surgeries for his shoulder and his knee, but he also wants to stay active.

"I don't want to get my shoulder surgery because I know it's going to put me out for three, four, five, possibly six months, and that scares me," he said. "I've fought all my UFC fights with my shoulder torn, so we'll see what happens. I want to get back in there and fight soon, but Miesha is going to force me to get my shoulder fixed because she's going to kick my butt, and I don't want that."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Caraway should have to fight him for it. Never gonna happen, but i'd pay to see Brian get smashed.

8. 05-16-2013, 01:27 AM

Take your bonus and shut up. No need to blast the man and weed smokers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine2878 View Post
    Take your bonus and shut up. No need to blast the man and weed smokers in general.
    Yea, it's kinda like beating a dead horse in the balls while it's down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information