Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz defends Pat Healy, uses gay slur against 'guy who took the money'

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    haha, seriously. people need to lighten the hell up in this days society.

I mean "fag" isn't even a gay slur anymore. havnt these dipshit's seen that southpark biker episode?! lolz
    I just got a 12 hour ban from Facebook due to a remark that I made about this exact fucking topic of discussion...
    goddamn corporate slave conspiracy I tell ya!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    i love how free speech only applies to people who don't have jobs.. words only have the power that people give them.
    Freedom of speech means you are free to speak your mind as you wish but FREEDOM of SPEECH does not mean you are FREE from the CONSEQUENCES your speech may result in.
    I hate this belief that one can simply say what they wish and there are supposed to be no consequences. Guess what if you say something in public and you represent someone else and they PAY you for doing so they can cut ties to show they disagree with your speech. Then you are FREE to go find another employer who is willing to take upon your headache. What you say on a public forum IE TWITTER; FACEBOOK; TUBLR and any other social networking site that is meant for the public to see then guess what you will be held responsible for your speech.
    You are free to speak against actions of the government, you are free to speak against or for legislation, you are free to speak for or against a legislature or Surpreme Court ruling etc and the GOVERNMENT cannot punish you for it. It does not mean that others have to still associate themselves with you when you say something they disagree with and if they are in position they can punish you.
    The UFC punished a guy for doing something against code (I disagree), Diaz ignorantly spoke his opinion in opposition to the decision and used an insulting term to degrade someone who happened to be involved but not with the decision to do so, Diaz get's punished by his employer as a result.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

I mean "fag" isn't even a gay slur anymore.
    Would straight people get to decide that?

Can white people decide if "nigger" isn't a slur anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    I can understand if Diaz was on the clock sort of speaking when he made these comments and Im sure he is any time he is giving an interview or using his twitter. But if Diaz went to a anti-gay marriage rally or something of that nature on his own time, the UFC can fine him for that correct????
    There is a bit of a difference in simply attending a rally and using the term "Fag."

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I just got a 12 hour ban from Facebook due to a remark that I made about this exact fucking topic of discussion...
    goddamn corporate slave conspiracy I tell ya!
    Isn't a 12 hour ban from Facebook kind of a nice thing? It's a beautiful day, go outside and play.

EDIT:
    WHAT I FIND REALLY AMUSING ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING:
    The UFC and the AC's post very clear and understandable rules about marijuana use.
    The UFC posts clear policies about fighters making offensive statements.
    Despite numerous instances of fighters facing consequences for smoking marijuana, Healy still makes the decision to...wait for it...smoke marijuana.
    Shockingly, he is held accountable and faces consequences.
    and then...
    Despite numerous instances of fighters facing consequences for making offensive statements, Diaz feels the best way to support Healy is to ...wait for it...
    ...make a statement that is--by the definitions set by the UFC and supported by their most recent practice--patently offensive.

So it comes down to one fighter ignoring the obvious and doing something stupid, and then another fighter ignoring the fact that it was a stupid thing to do, and going on to ignore even more obvious and doing something stupid-er.

Nice work fellas. Great day for MMA.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 05-17-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    You know im kind of waiting for an excuse since excuses are made famous in that camp.. going to say someone hacked his twitter account or some shit. But you know karma caught up on him. He talked all that shit about Thompson after their fight and Thompson refused to take the man's purse for being off weight and still Diaz was a dick about it, you deserved it bro, not everyone gets opportunities like this and the Diaz brothers are screwing it up.

Found this on another site I visit, I just couldn't find the source...

Diazs manager, Mike Kogan, had the following to say about Kogans use of the word f-g: Nate voiced a personal opinion about an incident that took place involving Bryan Caraway in which he chased Dana all over Twitter to try to get a bonus, which was taken away from Pat Healy, got the bonus, and then had the nerve to go back out there and bash the guy and talk st about weed-smoking and how much he hates it and how its wrong, which was, at best, a st move on his side. Guess what? The word f-t, at least in Northern California, and where Nate is from, means b-. It means youre a little punk. It has nothing to do with homosexuals at all. So when Nate made the comment that he made, he didnt make it in reference to homosexuals or calling Caraway a homosexual. He just said it was a bitch move.

Kogan added: How people take it is beyond my control. But thats what my intent was. And it was a b- move, for the record. Pat Healy? Its not like Pat Healy is Georges St-Pierre and he could afford it. That was probably the most money hes ever made in his life. And because of something he did Im pretty sure way before the fight its not like he walked out into the cage with fing weed in his mouth. He got fined. He doesnt need somebody else dwelling over it. Im sure some people got offended, and hopefully this article will explain what his intent was. But how people view it is how people view it. I cant control that. His intent was not to make a derogatory term toward homosexuals. He used the word to refer to a punk or a b-.

Kogan obviously fails to realize not everyone applies to his and Nate Diazs view of the world.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

with managers like that in his life, the sky is the limit for Nathan.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Isn't a 12 hour ban from Facebook kind of a nice thing? It's a beautiful day, go outside and play.

EDIT:
    WHAT I FIND REALLY AMUSING ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING:
    The UFC and the AC's post very clear and understandable rules about marijuana use.
    The UFC posts clear policies about fighters making offensive statements.
    Despite numerous instances of fighters facing consequences for smoking marijuana, Healy still makes the decision to...wait for it...smoke marijuana.
    Shockingly, he is held accountable and faces consequences.
    and then...
    Despite numerous instances of fighters facing consequences for making offensive statements, Diaz feels the best way to support Healy is to ...wait for it...
    ...make a statement that is--by the definitions set by the UFC and supported by their most recent practice--patently offensive.

So it comes down to one fighter ignoring the obvious and doing something stupid, and then another fighter ignoring the fact that it was a stupid thing to do, and going on to ignore even more obvious and doing something stupid-er.

Nice work fellas. Great day for MMA.

rh
    lol I could care less about the ban, I just thought it was kinda humorous that Facebook handed out a 12 hour to me and 4 other people for this exact same topic. Was hoping you'd get a laugh at my sarcasm over the "Corporate Slave" comment that got made a few pages back

I'm actually waiting on my 4 year old to get here and then I am taking my happy redneck ass to the Lake, so your weather report has fallen on deaf ears my friend, steps ahead of ya. Get out there and enjoy it yourself bud

have a good one!
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 05-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Is Kagan Diaz's new manager? He replaced Gracie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

8. Default

"...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    lol actually that's exactly what freedom means.. so you think "some other people" making money is so important to the future of the world that it validates taking your freedom of speech away? way to be a slave to your boss
    Way to be naive. You have no right to protection from persecution when denigrating others under the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Supe is correct.

haha, seriously. people need to lighten the hell up in this days society.

I mean "fag" isn't even a gay slur anymore. havnt these dipshit's seen that southpark biker episode?! lolz
    Pretty sure if you call a homosexual that could waste your ass a fag, you'd be toast. In the same way that you call any other group a slur. Were I gay, I'd still think it is offensive. The meaning of the word has not changed, just as every single ethnic slur has not lost the oomph.

Just because you used it when you were a teenager doesn't mean it has gone away. In civil society, people don't wander around calling each other fags or homos.

In no way should low-brow under-educated thug, who has mentally prolonged adolescence, be defended from public scrutiny because of freedom of speech.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 05-17-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Thread Information