Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSP Coach Roach: ‘Hendricks isn’t hard to figure out’

1. Default GSP Coach Roach: ‘Hendricks isn’t hard to figure out’

GSP Coach Roach: ‘Hendricks isn’t hard to figure out’ MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

“His next opponent, Hendricks, is a southpaw with a good punch. I have tape on Hendricks and we’re working to nullify what he does. We got the gameplan pretty much down already. We’re working on it. He’s always looking for that big shot. He’s a veteran wrestler, of course, a good wrestler, but he doesn’t even like to wrestle. He depends on that big left hand. He doesn’t even want to go to the ground too much. He’s not real difficult to figure out.”
    In a recent interview with FightHub.TV, famed boxing coach, Freddie Roach discusses the upcoming welterweight showdown with GSP and Johny Hendricks. While the bout is not yet scheduled it appears as if at least part of GSP’s coaching staff already has a handle on the style matchup.
    Read more at GSP Coach Roach: ‘Hendricks isn’t hard to figure out’ MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Truly. It's pretty difficult to punch off one's back.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I think most of us knew GSP's gameplan for the Hendricks fight before it was even announced.

Not many fighters are hard to figure out. Stopping them is the hard part. In Hendricks' case, GSP will have to go the entire fight without allowing Hendricks to land that punch. It just takes one and like Hendo says, "I'm gonna land it sooner or later."
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Not many fighters are hard to figure out. Stopping them is the hard part. In Hendricks' case, GSP will have to go the entire fight without allowing Hendricks to land that punch. It just takes one and like Hendo says, "I'm gonna land it sooner or later."
    And in hendricks case he will have go the entire fight without getting taken down, getting hit with jabs, counters and everything else that comes along with fighting GSP.

I just dont see this playing out any differently than GSP vs Kos 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    And in hendricks case he will have go the entire fight without getting taken down, getting hit with jabs, counters and everything else that comes along with fighting GSP.

Not that I'm arguing your logic here. I pretty much expect the same. However, I do think Hendricks is better at closing the distance than kos.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Not that I'm arguing your logic here. I pretty much expect the same. However, I do think Hendricks is better at closing the distance than kos.
    Agree 100% on the distance part. .

Agree with both you guys on skillset.

I think the first round will be very interesting and competitive. But then I see Hendricks cardio giving out if he doesn't get that KO punch in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Very true and I'm not saying that GSP is going to get beat, I'm just saying that it's going to be very tough to keep from taking the shot from Hendricks. From what I saw, Hendricks is pretty quick with his TDD, so it may be a little tougher to get him to the ground (in the first round or two anyway). Hendricks obviously has more one punch KO power than Kos. But eating a few jabs and counters from a guy with little to no KO power to have more chances of landing your power shot is well worth it. Hendricks knows that he can't beat GSP on points. So he will have 5 rounds to land a few KO shots. But if it goes past 2 rounds, I don't see Hendricks' cardio holding out.

We will see. I think the fight will likely be Hendricks on his back and GSP scoring points.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information